1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Norshor Leather

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by bretron, Jun 18, 2013.

1. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Huh? lots of great pictures, but no jackets...

3. Recently changed their name from Superior Flight Apparel;

http://superiorjackets.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another forum member has a leather version of a M1941 from SFA that I love the look of. Hoping to convince Mark to make it again.

4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Ahhhh! New name for Mark- Got it.
    I love that Missabe D-pocket.

5. Yeah, I like that one too. Almost commissioned one not too long ago...got distracted with another of his designs.

6. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

Took receipt of one of his d pocket half belts this evening, and I am sooo stoked. Will update with better pics, but for now, here's a taste for y'all:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMHO this is the pattern by which all other d pocket jackets should be measured. Absolute artistry and precision. Effing perfection.

sweetfights likes this.
  7. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

Jeff, I was hoping you'd how off those two jackets :) wanna see some updated wear photos!

8. More to come.
    Mark is making me another jacket....his Cossack design.
    I was seriously torn between that and the design you got.
    He is making it out of some new water buffalo hide he got, a lighter tan. I really liked the sample leather he sent me.
    He sounds stoked about how it's working out.

9. eggleman

eggleman One of the Regulars

Some serious attention to detail in this jacket ... look forward to seeing it being worn .

10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Wow Bretron!!!!!

11. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

Doh! I misspelled the thread title- Norshor not Norshore...

12. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday Call Me a Cab

I'm flippin' my lid here! That's the EXACT back detail I've wanted on a leather jacket ever since I first saw it on a Japanese "Neal Cassady" jacket! The entire jacket looks fantastic! I did have plans to save up for an Aero Sunburst, but now . . .

13. Mark is one of the best jacket makers I've had the pleasure to come across.
    Craftsmanship is to notch.
    The jackets he's made for me could not possibly fit better.
    Great designs.
    Can't recommend him too highly.

14. nicholasb

nicholasb One of the Regulars

I bought one of his sale jackets. I gambled on the size based on Mark's advice and it was spot on. The jacket is my favorite that I have had and Mark was a really good person to deal with. I will be excited to see the new site.

Here is my jacket. The leather is a nicer colour than my picture shows. Below is a better indication of the Portofino Cognac colour.

Jacket1.jpg

Comp-Down-1388-300x225.jpg

15. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Superb stuff!!:D;)

16. simonc

simonc Practically Family

Bretron contrats once again. Tell me how much was this jacket, could you customize it, and how long was the wait?

17. pipvh

pipvh Practically Family

I'm also hoping that Mark will do more M1941s. I think Bretron's jacket is amazing - the details are unbelievable - but I just can't pull off the lancer/Perfecto front any more, if I ever could, so I'm not even going to entertain the slightest bit of envy. Not the slightest bit, I tell you...;)

18. pipvh

pipvh Practically Family

19. Edward

Edward Bartender

This is gorgeous. Goatskin?

20. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

Thx for all the kind words, guys! @edward, yes it's goatskin (the same stuff JC is using on his usn jackets).@simonc, customizing should be no problem. Mark is very open to design ideas from what I understand, so if ya got a mod in mind or perhaps an idea for a totally different jacket, I'd suggest ya give him a buzz ;) the wait time for me was approx three months; he's a one man operation and doing this on the side, though I understand he is trying like gangbusters to make this a full time operation. I think the world would be a better place if he could invest full time to designing an making these jackets. Mark told me he's mainly focusing on the civilian jackets with the launh of Norshor, though he has plenty of A2s on his résumé.