Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not mine, but here's a chance to own (and drive) an Art Deco masterpiece.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
1937ChryslerRoyalbusinesscoupe.jpg

This is a 1937 Chrysler Royal business coupe. It’s like the big brother to the ‘38 Plymouth business coupes Bogie drove on the silver screen.

Someone with a car trailer and $5000.00 should come to mid-Michigan, buy this old girl, and restore her to her former glory. This is advertised on the HAMB, a hot rodding message board, and I would hate to see her get chopped and channeled and stripped of her art deco beauty in a misguided quest to build a ‘50s style custom.

As a bonus, you’re welcome to come stay the night you pick her up with Mrs. Conwill and I (we’re 1 hour 44 minutes northeast of where the car is for sale). I’d go buy her myself, but she’s about $1000 more than I’m looking to spend, and the wife has put the kibosh on buying anything we can’t test drive first.

-Dave

Rhabryn

Familiar Face
If you put your imagination into it, that is one beautiful car. Definitely something I would be interested if I had financial means. (Student here)

JennyLou

Practically Family
I wish I could buy it. I'm not the kind of girl who has a great interest or knows much about cars but one of my life goals is to restore an classic vehicle like that.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This one is a parts car, IMHO

Nice idea. That car is way overpriced. Does anyone know how much it would cost to restore that car to "factory" or show condition?

It would require an entire "frame off", blast, test, rebuild..essentially the whole car. Even a professional paint job will cost between $2K - $5K.

Then you would have to pay about a thousand bucks to have the car shipped. Or, if you picked it up..depending say, you live on the Coast (E or W), your time to ...well.

Look on Hemmings for one that is already done. It would be worth the $20K and you could get something very nice. A 38' or 40' Buick (my favorite) CONVERTIBLE...I just saw one for $35K. Show room trophy condition.

This, unfortunately is a parts car, or only for someone that either had one, or your dad had one.....

Sad when such vintage cars get left to rot. But If you have the cash and time in this bad, bad economy....go for it!

Marc Chevalier said:
It's a very cool car, David, and I hope the right person ends up restoring it.

That said, I agree with Andykev: the price is up there.

By way of comparison, take a look at this car, its surface condition, and its price.
Granted, a Chevy ain't a Chrysler, and the photos and description are sketchy: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/chevrolet/unspecified/854106.html

I know who this person is, whos selling this. He's from NNJ..I dont know him personally but I've seen him around at shows in the past. (He always has pictures of his cars even if its not the car thats registered in the show)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24