Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

November Touch (2004)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab

nt5x6poster.jpg

The year was 2003. The month, September. Director Christopher Duguay sat at his desk, just thinking to himself. Suddenly the phone rang. It was his friend, Brian Fore. "Hey Duguay", he says, "Want to make a movie?" Chris, liking to be motivated, decided to take a chance. "Sure". That was how the process of the film began.

In the middle of October 2003, the script of November Touch was nearly complete. The shooting was set to begin in October. Christopher Duguay has always had a knack for film. Always thinking up new ideas and always wanting to get started on them right away. This wasn't an ordinary film, though. Not something he had tried before.

In his youth, after seeing the retched Jurassic Park, got the idea of making his own prehistoric film. It was ameturish, but showed a lot of promise. He built a 12 foot long T-Rex puppet for the film, spent hours on end filming each scene, every weekend, just to continue filming during the next.

The filming for November Touch began in October, and I myself was his right hand. When filming had begun, I was in Boston visiting my sister. I returned just in time to help. I'd be helping a lot more, until the end. The actors were casted by Duguay's friend and inspiration, Brian Fore, who happened to star in the film as well. Each member was picked closely. None of them were actors, or had any intention of an acting career at all, with the exception of Fore.

Each day began in the morning or afternoon. A schedule didn't exist so we filmed when people were available. It was rough. Rain to fog, fog to sun, sun to darkness, we filmed day and night for 8 months. The cast and crew started working at real jobs, making it more difficult to give their time for the film. But they did their best, and it was more than helpful to the film.

8 months later, the film was in the editing room, hours of footage poured into a 3 year old computer (mine), to be cut up into what would be known as November Touch. I myself was at the desk, editing away, hours each day. It was hard work, but we all knew that it needed to be completed. Duguay told me to use some of the footage and create a teaser trailer. Then a theatrical one, with more about the story, and more seen. In a stretch of 5 nights, I sent him one by one, teaser trailers for his approval. He liked every one. The next week I made the theatrical. He was wowed, and I was proud. I made a copy and went off to a high school film class to show it. They were very impressed, and the teacher wanted to keep a copy.

Two months passed by, and the film was complete. Only a copy of the film itself on a DVD was ready to be shown at the premiere, but one with special featues and such was not yet made. A week before the premiere, something happened. A computer hard drive in which all of the footage was safely stored on, stopped working. The only existing copy of the film was the one on that DVD.

I panicked. I had to figure out how to get the movie off of that disc. The problem was solved quickly, but the film had other's music on it, making it unable to be sold or shown at a film festival. Technical difficulties made it hard to reedit the film, and so it has stayed the same since.

The night of the premiere, which was held on August 28th, 2004, was here. Postcards had been made out for the attendees, giving the time, location, and directions. We were all excited. All of our hard work would finally pay off. A very large poster was made for the film, which now hangs in the room of Christopher Duguay. The poster cost more to make than the film.
We introduced the cast and crew, and all sat down to watch our creation. 45 minutes later, the audience clapped and cheered. It was over. Breath was released from our lungs, and we were happy.

We celebrated at a local restaurant, talked about the film, told our stories, and laughed ourselves silly. The joy of making a movie. The film is still seen regularly in that same high school film class I delivered the trailer to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after that long essay, I thought I'd be proud to show you, the lounge, this creation. If you have 45 minutes to spare, please do view it. It is in no means the greatest film, nor a period piece. I've always thought it could have been a period film, but that was the directors choice.

Here's the TRAILER

and presenting in it's entirely,

Starring Brian Fore & Roldan Galvez,
written & directed by Christopher Duguay.

NOVEMBER TOUCH

Here's the official website, featuring Production Photos, the trailer, a puzzle, and some behind the scenes.

Just click WATCH THE ENTIRE MOVIE
It can be best viewed with fast internet, and you'll need Windows Media Player. PC users can double click it to see it in full screen, as well.

I hope you enjoy. :)

Jerekson

One Too Many
Whoa.

I watched the trailer and the first few minutes of the film. I plan on watching the rest when I have time.

That is some very professional work. Cineamtography is great. Acting is good (except for the guy with the glasses, he is just okay lol).

What I REALLY liked was the music. THAT was fantastic. And the song playing in the trailer sounded really familiar, would I know that from anywhere?

Cool, well-made film. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

How does the T-Rex tie in?

-Jerekson

(Oh, and FIRST!!!)

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
The T-Rex was in an older film Chris made. But it had a lot of work put into it, like this one. The song is from Passion of the Christ. The movie only has one song that I made myself. You'll recognize some of them. We didn't make the music. Some James Horner in there, Hans Zimmer, Thomas Newman....

I'm glad you enjoyed them both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany