Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Of mouton collars...

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
My latest leather jacket obsession concerns mouton collars. I will almost certainly include one on my latest Aero but would be very grateful to anyone who could post pictures here of their mouton-enhanced jackets, Aero in particular and in all manner of colours.

I am also very keen to see a detachable mouton on an Aero. Illustrations and explanations of how they work would be very welcome.

Sir J

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
I am a big fan of the mouton collar. I thinks it's functional and aesthetically pleasing. Here's mine:

IMG_1457-1-1.jpg

Amanda explained to me years ago that Aero don't do detachable collars (that's something you're more likely to get on a production line jacket.)

She also said that you can always get the jacket sans mouton then add it later.

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Mr H, thank you. It seems that Aero does indeed do detachable collars now, although I was worried that they would look "detachable" and production-line.

Your is actually called rust, then? (It's a nice colour.)

Sir J

Windward

Practically Family
Dark Brown Mouton Fur Collar

Hello Gents - I am also into mouton collar - finest choice for fall/winter jackets good looking comfy and cosy- so here' s mine:

Windwardcordovanfurcollar.jpg

I'd agree its look noble and stylish and it is very practical. For warmer weather spring/summer I call my other beauties.
WW

Edward

Bartender
I have an Aero AN6552 with rust mouton collar... only photos I seem to have at the minute are these couple of quick and dirst shots from a couple of years ago:

UploadedSat0609081612.jpg
UploadedSat0609081613.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Looks great

Edward said:
I have an Aero AN6552 with rust mouton collar... only photos I seem to have at the minute are these couple of quick and dirst shots from a couple of years ago:

Edward thats a great and interesting combination with your kind of pants and Fedora AND ain't no doubt a great AN6552 !
Probably this will be a very amazing threat!!!
Thanks to the initiator Sir Jacket and in advance to all the participants. . . .will looking forward now.....

Edward

Bartender
Windward said:
Edward said:
Edward thats a great and interesting combination with your kind of pants and Fedora AND ain't no doubt a great AN6552 !..

Thanks! Than Aero was a fortunate eBay find - GBP250 on eBay, came from a collector who had it described as 'never worn', which I can well believe, based on how good it is. The trousers are actually Wested's Indy trews... nice trousers, great in hotter weather too, though lower in the waist than I'd be keen on again.

Windward

Practically Family
Edward said:
Windward said:
Thanks! Than Aero was a fortunate eBay find - GBP250 on eBay, came from a collector who had it described as 'never worn', which I can well believe, based on how good it is. The trousers are actually Wested's Indy trews... nice trousers, great in hotter weather too, though lower in the waist than I'd be keen on again.

Well - I think have to "ask google" about wested Indy because you gave me an inspiration . . . .BTW: If you want to part with your trousers - I wear a "mens" size 38:)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:

UploadedSat0609081612.jpg

:eusa_clap

That's a great look Ed! I was going to get one of these when I got my A2. Really nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ