Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Of Sheep-Dip, Rot-Gut, and Furniture Polish. The worst of the worst.

Yeah, Slivo is something to experience, that's for sure. I live in an old Italian neighborhood outside the steel mill, but the neighborhood just to the east is a Slovenian neighborhood. The local bar that's been there since Prohibition was lifted serves Slivo - they go through a lot of it. I've had it the few times I've been in there.

Brad

Did it nearly kill you? :p

Nobert

Practically Family
Wild Irish Rose. A cheap, nasty wine that I used to drink before I knew better. I had heard, at that point, that it was impossible to become physically sick if you lay on your back. It was after drinking most of a bottle of this stuff that I discovered that this is not true.

penates

Familiar Face
A co-worker of mine brought me a bottle of Mescal that he told me cost 12 peso's. That works out to less than a dollar for 750 ml of blindness in a bottle. I did try it though and used the rest as solvent. The taste was about what you would have expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner