Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh I hit the jackpot

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
This Christmas my mom gave me a box of DVD's and cds with what I thought was just old family photos. Instead it was home movies from the 40's of my grandparents and their family! Oh my gosh if I could figure out how to convert the files so you could see how awesome they are! Its amazing seeing my family, the way they interacted and loved each other, the places they visited the clothes they wore, hair etc. If there are any movie gurus out there let me know becuase I would love to share.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
When you put them in your computer, can you see what format they're in? It is easy to convert most and you could also do screen shots if conversion for uploading isn't up your alley. :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
How awesome is that? My grandmother has some old 16 mm films that she had converted to video. They're from the '50s and '60s, and it's pretty neat to see my great-grandparents in them.

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Feel free to move if you like. the files are .bup .dat .ifo I have a mac please someone tell me how to convert them I would love to share. ;0)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My dad has lots of movies from the 1940 (even some in colour!) They are fabulous. My Aunt Ella flips off the cameraman in one film. lol

I'd love to see, of course!!!

Belle Fatale

New in Town
GoddessMama, I have a Mac as well, and I use HandBrake. It's a free DVD ripper and video encoder. There might be a bit of a learning curve if you're not at all familiar with video encoding or editing, but it's really not hard once you get the hang of it. It doesn't watermark your files or limit the length, either. It's true freeware, and open source as well.

Foofoogal

Banned
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap That is fabulous.

I have some 16mm and some I had put on a VCR tape years ago but would love to find where I can do all of them on [huh] latest whatever.
Have so procrastinated on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy