Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, now we enter the realm of just plain silly! (With apologies)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My most humble apologies Folks...

Wow! What an ass I've been. After reading my post I'd have to agree with y'all. That was rather stupid of me. I sincerely apologise to anyone whom I offended or made mad with this. I guess sleep deprivation mixed with shock and disbelief isn't the brightest time to post ill conceived words, but I offer no excuses. Truely sorry and embarrased about that.
To whomever won the hat here my jealousies are extended to you. You have won a very lovely looking hat, and if I have made you feel bad, I am sorry. If I had bid on that one I would have blinked long before it hit the $100 mark, but that is just me. I had gotten lucky with my two purchases recently, if I had flinched early some other lucky Joe would have won them. Again, I am eating crow for lunch while it is still warm. I am still a tad shocked, but if the Lounger who won it is happy with what they receive, then that is all that matters.
I have seen e-bay auctions go way beyond in the past, and somehow it still shocks me. I've seen a simple $60 calculator go into a bidding war and end up going for $350. $40 snow shoes that had a low "buy it now" option go for $200. So I hope in some small way you might understand my disbelief.
Folks, sorry about the ruccus I've caused with this. Definately my bad. With head hung.

Cheers!

Dan

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quite all right, old boy! I actually got a good laugh over it all.

Havershaw, the Playboy has been one of my most-worn hats since it showed up. The felt is so thin, yet it doesn't feel flimsy at all. It has no liner, and nothing stamped on the inside of the crown either. I know some Playboys had liners and some didn't, and I'm not sure if mine did. It's definitely the coolest non-straw I have, and with the high temperatures we've been having lately I wear it a lot.

Knock on wood, I haven't been burned yet. Well, if I'd found the Lounge earlier, I wouldn't have bought the two modern Stetsons that I did. lol

And I know some of our vendors carry the current Stetson line so I won't knock 'em, but I just like the 50-60 year old ones better.

And sometimes, I get carried away. ;)

havershaw

Practically Family
Yeah, neither of my Playboys have had liners either, though I have seen a few on eBay that did have liners. All had really nice felt.
By the way, coincidentally, that Borsalino I got arrived today - and if I'd known how nice it was, I'd have paid $400 for it.
I have a lot of hats, some quite nice. And so it's kind of a big deal when I say this is the crown jewel of the collection. It will probably be my main hat from now on, and I think I have three or four I can now sell because I'll always reach for this one first. wowza, is it a beauty.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Want a laugh? I just got a message from Gladhatter on eBay congratulating me on that auction and inviting me to visit his forum.

Sorry, I ain't that big a sucker!

Turn him in to Ebay for spaming you... He trolls the net to peddle his overpriced xxxxxxxx hats. Biggest joke in the hat biz...The POS...

Barry

Practically Family
The Virginia hatter's fedoras are stiffer than that aluminum hat mold that someone posted earlier.

Total pieces of junk.

Barry

Damon Falzone

One of the Regulars
Here we go again...

I noticed that an Open Road just sold for $182.27 on ebay. Yikes! but what a beauty. Sounds like a lot of money and it is for me, but how many never-been-worn vintage ORs are out there? All things considered, this might have been a sweet purchase for the lucky buyer. I just wish it had been me.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I have scored some nice vintage hats on eBay over the months gents, and I have many priced unde $100 after cleaning, etc. This includes a Stratoliner, sold one like new condition with price tag yesterday for $89! Keep an eye on the vintage section, because it's really there to generate awareness. They always start out high when first listed, but come down when I start running out of room. It's not all about how much to make, but the cap on the collection. With the values on these hats I seen flying around the thread, there are surely some nice deals here. I know, I know.... no larger sizes. What should make my inventory any different than eBay's?

BTW, nice hat at a good price on topic of the thread.
D

havershaw

Practically Family
well, I have been away. I wondered who The Fedora Store was! I was browsing your site earlier this week! Some nice pieces on there indeed!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was probably bidding on that OR but came to my senses. I was watching two that just got out of hand.

I'll have to settle for the one I won for $34. Of course, it may not really be an OR since the seller never said it was. It sure looks like one, though. Heck, it may turn out to be a Stratoliner. lol

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
more madness

I've paid premium dollars in the past for a hat that really wanted, such as an OR. And I think that most are still worth the price that may seem inflated to others. But I just saw an OR on ebay go for $283.50. Yes, it looked in perfect shape but for that price I'd call Art and get a custom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart