Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK, THIS fedora/baseball cap is a travesty of justice…

theinterchange

One Too Many
MisterGrey said:
Who knows? Every style had to start somewhere. What did people think when they first saw the porkpie or trilby?

Hey, I still think the porkpie is a ridiculous looking hat. ;) Topped only by something of this nature or the "Jughead Jones/Goober Pyle" hat... or those flat billed too large fitted caps.

Randy

P.S Having said something derogatory against the porkpie, I must add that I've seen examples on here of folks wearing them with much style and they look great in them... but they're just not for me.

davidraphael

Practically Family
An awful hat. My Action Man/GI Joe had exactly the same hat made out of rubber. Very Akrika Corp, as someone already pointed out.

I used to run over him with a tank.

Edward

Bartender
I suspect this would play rather better to the baseball cap market than the fedora market.... I'm not morally outraged by it or anything, though it does remind me a lot of those CAT boots with high heels on them - a combination of things, the end result being neither one nor the other. Seems to be part of a trend towards headwear as fashion though, which can only be good for the continued availability of hats in general...

Mr Vim

One Too Many
The hat Carldelo posted looks less like its trying to be a fedora and more a unique hat, I don't mind it as much. But the fedora/ball cap with the shape of its crown and ribbon, it taking advantage of the recognizable fedora silhouette, and then slicing off the best part, the brim!

It's like a gorgeous model without a head.

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Mobile Vulgus said:
Check out these holloweyed, children of the corn wearing the "it" hat in New York.

soulland-fedora-02.jpg

As one of the comments says these ghastly hybrids look sort of like the Nazi Afrika Corps hats from WWII.

Man are these things ugly.
*yucky* :kick:

I think they're okay, not that I'm in a hurry to have one. I'm thinkin' I'd like it more if it had a slightly more vertical crown and didn't have the fedora pinch. Wouldn't be that hard to make one like that, I suppose.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Mr Vim said:
It's like a gorgeous model without a head.
lol lol lol

The more I look at these hats, the more I could see them being all the rage in some strange sci-fi movie. I wonder how they would go with chrome-colored pants and robes....?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tonyb said:
I think they're okay, not that I'm in a hurry to have one. I'm thinkin' I'd like it more if it had a slightly more vertical crown and didn't have the fedora pinch. Wouldn't be that hard to make one like that, I suppose.
I think you're right Tony, in all facets.

and btw, I think it would great on you Lefty. [huh]

savoy6

New in Town
those are just about the ugliest thing i've seen in awhile.......looks like some hipster designer woke up one day and said.."i know this vintage stuff is getting hot now,how can we market this to the kids?"...these will sell as soon as any of the guys on "the jersey shore" get one...

Pompidou

One Too Many
I don't like the color, but I've got nothing against the design. The hard to discern black one might be okay. If they were black and red, or something to that effect, they might even sell. I wouldn't buy any fedora of that color. Black and red, and with a porkpie bash - I love porkpies, and I love red and black.

jwalls

Vendor
tonyb

I actually made 3 of these hats about 10 years ago for a juggler who preformed in Las Vegas. He has not been back so I guess they worked out.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It has been pointed out many times but bears repeating. When we point disparaging fingers at what others are wearing, we have to keep in mind that as people who wear clothes and hats that are 80+ years old, sweat stained, moth eaten and of unknown origin, we are very much in Glass Houses. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner