Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK, THIS fedora/baseball cap is a travesty of justice…

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Check out these holloweyed, children of the corn wearing the "it" hat in New York.

soulland-fedora-02.jpg

As one of the comments says these ghastly hybrids look sort of like the Nazi Afrika Corps hats from WWII.

Man are these things ugly.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
handlebar bart said:
Nope, made from a felt body like a fedora.

I just thought they were seconds as the back of the fedora seems to be missing :rolleyes: . Joking aside, even though it does look like the aforementioned Afrika Korps headgear, it was neat to see the way they were made.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
This thing surfaced here on the FL a few years ago, in a thread that was started by the inventor of it. I think the thread was closed because of the controversy it generated, but the general consensus here was,....no,....no we don't like it. But in more colorful terms if I recall.
Personally, I think it is just a ploy to make money, as is any business venture, sure. But, in order for any such venture to succeed it must offer something that people actually want.
I can't see this filling the bill.
Maybe if Johnny Depp was seen wearing one? (Or if they could pay him enough money to be seen wearing one?) :rolleyes:
But really, any crafty person with an old fedora and a sharp pair of scissors could simply make their own.
P.S. The Afrika Corps hat was way-cooler btw.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Yep, agreed...

Maj.Nick Danger said:
I think it is just a ploy to make money

Well, I certainly agree with that. And I can certainly understand that a manufacturer and seller will try new things to spark sales. That is as it should be.

And sorry that I wasn't around a year ago to join in then. I only just ran across this hat style today. So, I apologize for bringing up old news -- just that it wasn't old to me.

As to the hat, I hate it quite strongly.

However, if others love it... well variety is the spice of life after all.

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
lol Ok this hat looks:
goof·y
[goo-fee]

–adjective, goof·i·er, goof·i·est. Slang .
ridiculous; silly; wacky; nutty: a goofy little hat.

That shows a complete lack of Taste:
the sense of what is fitting, harmonious, or beautiful; the perception and enjoyment of what constitutes excellence in the fine arts, literature, fashion, etc.lol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I guess we can always hope that if these catch on, they might spark some interest in folks to start wearing real fedoras. We've had that conversation in regards to some of the punk fedoras, so maybe a similar thing could happen here.

Vic

One of the Regulars
Aristaeus said:
lol Ok this hat looks:
goof·y
[goo-fee]

–adjective, goof·i·er, goof·i·est. Slang .
ridiculous; silly; wacky; nutty: a goofy little hat.

That shows a complete lack of Taste:
the sense of what is fitting, harmonious, or beautiful; the perception and enjoyment of what constitutes excellence in the fine arts, literature, fashion, etc.lol
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carldelo

One Too Many
There is a similar lid sold by a well-respected NY hatter:

165L4477_FINAL_SM.jpg

This hat is shown elsewhere on the site on a female mannequin, so I assume they intend it as a woman's hat - women certainly enjoy more latitude with hat shape and style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner