Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Pensacola Gas Station

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
While driving through a residential neighborhood here in Pensascola Fl, I ran across this gas station.

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how that sort of thing goes over in Pensacola, but if that structure were up this way I'd bet that someone would be looking to turn it into an espresso shop with a drive-thru window.

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
The Gas Station is on Jackson st, between Pace and Palafox. At one time Jackson must have been a main road still a few stores and allot of older building's. This part of Jackson is the least traveled.

The Gas Station is on Jackson st, between Pace and Palafox. At one time Jackson must have been a main road still a few stores and allot of older building's. This part of Jackson is the least traveled.

This might go some way toward explaining why it's (apparently) sitting vacant.

In some of the older districts (well, old by local standards) out here, you see what had been neighborhood corner stores and such now used as living spaces. Seems that very few people actually walk to the store these days, or the tavern or the cleaners or the whatever. So without abundant off-street parking it's hard for a retailer to make it, in most American cities and suburbs, anyway.

Last edited:

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I used to live in P-Cola and wish I had seen this place. The best old buildings I ran across were the old hangars at Ellison Industrial park. It used to be a training airfield for the Navy up until the mid seventies. They are now used for storage for the power company and several other businesses.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Boy, if I had the money and the talent and it wasn't across the street from that multitude of transformers, I'd buy it.

I'll bet the cinder blocks are in good condition, it needs new stucco and I don't see any cracked barrel tiles. I'd use the pump area as a porte-cochère and live there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy