Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Singer Sewing Machine For Sewing Unreeded Sweatbands

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
That ebay seller asks a little too much for his items. I purchased a vintage raised arm Singer w/table and motor for under $600 and for the same machine he was asking about $2000 for just the head, no motor nor table.

Roan

One of the Regulars
I know next to nothing about the rarity of these machines but I figured it was too pricey. I guess he must think it's made of gold!

Mr.Astor

Banned
Thanks for info guys I am new to the lounge but truly enjoy everyone's expertise in their particular area of expertise. I am looking for a machine also. Thanks

Miamibruno

One Too Many
I am in a similar boat: there is a Willcox & Gibbs machine available - in excellent working condition - hat I WOULD LIKE to help me sew in sweats, sew on brim bindings, etc. My problem - as is almost always the case - is my lack of knowledge about sewing machines and hat sewing machines in general. I try to use YouTube and the net for my research, but I think I'm out of my element. If any of you know if the following machine will help for such work, please let me know. If I'm insane, you really don't have to tell me that, but tell me anyway.

Here's the machine.

11737270323_bb5a46db9c_z.jpg

Miamibruno

One Too Many
I am in a similar boat: there is a Willcox & Gibbs machine available - in excellent working condition - that I WOULD LIKE to help me sew in sweats, sew on brim bindings, etc. My problem - as is almost always the case - is my lack of knowledge about sewing machines and hat sewing machines in general. I try to use YouTube and the net for my research, but I think I'm out of my element. If any of you know if the following machine will help for such work, please let me know. If I'm insane, you really don't have to tell me that, but tell me anyway.

Here's the machine.

11737270323_bb5a46db9c_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80