Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On the desire of adding a wind trolley to a Stetson 100

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
My absolute favorite hat is a Stetson 100, which I acquired at very reasonable cost but had to send to Optimo in Chicago for cleaning and recreasing (!), as well as resizing, necessitating a new sweatband. As a result, the hat became a personal best, but the back-and-forth transport and Optimo's excellent work did somewhat hike up the total price.

For all I know, this particular silverbelly (probably) never hat a wind trolley, an item I never use but which I find to add something to the look of any fedora.

Would you add a trolley to a 100? Or would that be, in some manner of speaking, "gauche", or not desirable?

Subsidiary question: does any one know of someone who would sell me a (new) silverbelly trolley?

Thanks board, and a nice day to you all.

Paul

I have pruchased wind trolleys from Optimo but you would need to check with them on the color. Wind trolleys can be applied and removed without damage so I personally don't see it as a problem. BTW I have an Adam OR clone with a wind trolley (original to hat).

3765774739_ba332262c4_b.jpg

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
I have pruchased wind trolleys from Optimo but you would need to check with them on the color. Wind trolleys can be applied and removed without damage so I personally don't see it as a problem. BTW I have an Adam OR clone with a wind trolley (original to hat).

3765774739_ba332262c4_b.jpg

Oooh... that's a nice hat, MayserWegener, I'm impressed and...how it looks like a "100"! I'm still awaiting an Adam hat from the bay, getting increasingly curious. Let me contact Optimo about that wind trolley, thanks for the idea.

Grüss../Paul

Wind trolleys on the 100's I've seen too... I'd second Steve's suggestion to buy a silverbelly trolley from Optimo. It should match well and is quite inexpensive if I remember correctly.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Thanks guys, I get the general feeling.
Maybe the missing trolley got deleted from my hat somewhere in England (I bought it off the British Ebay), like the previous owner saying "what in the world might that thing be, a yank model lasso"? and ...snip, off it went.
I'll write Optimo for a replacement one!
Pablo

P.S., I just wrote, attaching a link to this thread...cheers/Paul

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
I would not assume all 100s had the string from manufacture. Later in the 60s they started leaving them off. I've seen a few 100s without them -- though mine does have the string.

One thing I'd caution about Optimo adding the wind trolley. The original strings I have on my Stetsons are corded strings but Optimo has a lot of strings with elastic in them. So, they aren't the same sort of string. My point is, if you are trying to approximate the exact string that would have been on a 100, the elastic one might not be a good choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner