Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One change for the week

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to propose 'one change for the week!', just something common sense. Replace soda for water, walk the stairs vs taking the elevator,ect.

me this week: drink only one cup of coffee per day

Caledonia

Practically Family
I started one at the beginning of the month - start the day with hot water and lemon. Can't believe how much I enjoy it. Time for another. So I'll go for the other end of the day - must finish each day with a large mug of camomile tea or two. That shouldn't be too onerous. :)

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
mysterygal said:
me this week: drink only one cup of coffee per day

Been there, done that - and have stuck to it. It was a funny feeling to find out I wouldn´t have to die without all the caffeine.

Doing new/different things for a week or so just in order to try them, is a seriously amazing way of changing some habits.

I think I´ll replace chocolate with fruit this week.

Regards, A.

P.S.: The vanilla-yoghurt muffins I´ve just made are not chocolate! :D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Caledonia said:
I started one at the beginning of the month - start the day with hot water and lemon. Can't believe how much I enjoy it. Time for another. So I'll go for the other end of the day - must finish each day with a large mug of camomile tea or two. That shouldn't be too onerous. :)
hmm...maybe we should do one change for the month! bad habits are pretty darn hard to break!;) lol

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
Those are great ideas Mysterygal. I replaced soda with water a long time ago. If people only knew how many empty calories they consume with soda. For me I only have it as an occasional treat.
Nobody wants to walk anywhere either, but we'd be healthier if we did.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Fruits

Fruits, excellent idea!

fruits_confits_an_07.jpg

Though there are a lot of good things in cacao beans, too.

Caledonia

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
hmm...maybe we should do one change for the month! bad habits are pretty darn hard to break!;) lol

And the badder (grammar!) they are the more enjoyable too! So I'll keep the worst ones till I've run out of everything else to change.:D

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lately I have been comfort and boredom eating... so my change for today will be only eat when hungry or need an energy boost. Not because there is nothing else to do. My butt will thank me for it later... :rolleyes:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Let me see...

I think I'll walk more or ride my bike to work instead of driving my car three blocks to work. lol

I'm thinking of drinking more orange juice, lemonade, milk and water apposed to sodas. I'm not cutting soda out completely, just save it as a treat for the weekends. ;)

Also, take more naps!

=WR=

Fruits are good... we all should eat more of them! I know these old labels make me want more of them!

Csunnycove.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Well, this has been a pretty rough month for me -- a lot of unpleasant things going on that I wish weren't. So I guess my change for the week will be to try very hard not to obsess about things that are beyond my control -- and to try my best to bring about a positive outcome for the things that I *can* control.

magneto

Practically Family
A fine thread idea.

Hmm..I'll try setting aside a quarter-hour to practice guitar in the mornings before work. I used to do this and it's both relaxing and helps get the ol' brain in gear.

Air Boss

Familiar Face
Word of the day

School started here in PA on Monday and we are back to the family word of the day. I open the dictionary, pick a random word and we all have to use it at school/work. Not always easy, but always fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt