Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

opinions on Aero Indian Goatskin A-2

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
From what I've heard, pretty good. I'd say you were unlikely to get a more authentic A-2 for the money. Best to contact Aero prior to purchase regarding sizing-they say order a size down because they run big, but I'm sure I've heard others say that wasn't really the case.

MB-17

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
There is one for sale on Ebay right now. I understand the goatskin leather is outstanding. They sold for about $280 new and they are sized a little larger than usual. Check measurements before buying.

Ray

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Concur with everyone above on the niceness of the jacket and the tendency to run big. Yup you are right that guy must have had too much beer.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Kt Templar said:
Are they "on sale" at Aero? Have you got a link you're willing to share?

They were on sale a while ago. Priced dirt cheap to get rid of them. I don't believe they have any more in stock.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I had one and sold it quick. The shoulders were oversized and drooped. Also didn't like like way the cuffs were attached to the sleeves. Crap zipper. Better off spending a few bucks more and gettin g an Aero Real Deal.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I hear ya! I figured I'd get a cheapie and paint it. I didn't get one last year cause they were form India, didn't care what the price was. Now I guess I just have to eat it and get the right one from good ole scotland.

Marv

A-List Customer
I got one when Aero were selling them off for £100, I have no problem with the jacket at all apart from the Conmar repro that failed after a couple of months.
Sent it back to Aero and they replaced it with a repro Talon without any problems, service was execellent.
The jacket is marked as a 44" and fits like a 44", the knits are superb and well made - far superior to ELC's and the indian g/s is fine, supple and very robust with nice grain to it.
A bargin at the price and a great all round jacket in my opinion, but as they are now a discontinued line as second hand one will be all you can find. :)

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Swoosed,

There is a member of VLJI who wants to sell a size 44 Indian goat. It has never been worn and he is asking $280 for it. If you are a member there his I.D. is Hamsterjeep.

Ray

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I made an offer on that one. It has a name tag which is no good for me personaly. I don't like the stitch hole deal. Also he thinks a 44 would be too small for me. I usualy take a 46. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Milu

Familiar Face
I got one a couple of weeks ago and love it, it's become my favourite A2 (for this month;) ) I don't see any problem with cuff attachment or the conmar zipper on mine. A silk lining would have been nice though.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
I personally have never owned on, I have an Aero Anniversary, but I have heard several people give rave reviews about them. From my understanding they are a good jacket for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80