Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on "US Wings" jackets wanted...

Looking at their site, and they have big sizes, and what look like a good middle-ground in price/quality.
Does anyone have any thoughts and/or experiences with them?
Looking specifically at the B-3 range of jackets...

Thanks,
Scott

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have had an Indy jacket or whatever they call it for years...cow. I still wear it a lot. Well-made, easy on and off, has held up in rain and wear-and-tear admirably--kept it's shape--and yes, it is a bit big, but i wear it over sweaters, sweatshirts, flannel, etc. I'm a 42R and I have large, but could probably wear a medium. There have been a couple threads on U.S. Wings recently.

53Effie

A-List Customer
I have a goatskin A-2 from their signature series and am pleased with it. They tend to run a little large I think. Quality is good and it is a jacket I often wear. No problems with customer service either when I ordered.

I have a goatskin A-2 from their signature series and am pleased with it. They tend to run a little large I think. Quality is good and it is a jacket I often wear. No problems with customer service either when I ordered.

So, thanks guys. It seems like folks are underwhelmed with this brand. Would that be accurate? I hear folks talk about some brands like a hot girlfriend ;)
Retort?

442RCT

One of the Regulars
A friend of mine bought a US Wings A-2, he was very happy with their service, the price and the jacket. He's a big guy and the US Wings had the exact type of fit for him. It's his only A-2 and he had it painted to honor his friend who flew in WW2.

apba1166

A-List Customer
So, thanks guys. It seems like folks are underwhelmed with this brand. Would that be accurate? I hear folks talk about some brands like a hot girlfriend ;)
Retort?

Well, here's the thing I've found, whether it's cars, cereal, jackets, lawn seed, bicycles or whatnot: People who have favorite brands are sometimes vociferous about that brand consciousness (for many different reasons, some emotional, some rational, some simply academic); the ones who don't give a hoot about brand--many--you tend to hear from less. So you have to sort of filter-and-tune for that ratio. For example I had about two dozen jackets before joining this forum and couldn't have told you a brand of a single one--never even thought about it--before joining that is. I just liked the jackets as I found and bought them all over the world, and wore each for what it was---I will say the forum has been a lot of fun as I've now learned a lot about some of the makes I realize I have now....has it made me brand conscious, yes in an academic way; but it hasn't made me value a jacket any more or less because of it. The value, to me, comes from wearing it, over many many years and what it means to me because of that.

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
I have done business with Wings a couple of times, and I find that the construction ,which on the US made models are actually done by Schott leather, is top notch and the service is second to none. I will echo what has been said here about sizing, it is a little wonky, but if you contact Sarge info@uswings.com he will be MORE than accommodating with returns.

ron521

One of the Regulars
I've got two of their Signature Series Indy-style jackets, one in their VIP cowhide, the other in black goatskin.
I usually wear a 40, their size M is said to fit 38-40, and both of these fit me perfectly.
They are the supplier for several current military contracts, so I'd expect their other jackets are of good quality.

They don't advertise this, but many (most? all?) of their U.S.A. made jackets are made by Schott.
If you like, you can get a few styles either made in U.S.A. or imported, with a significant price difference.

frussell

One Too Many
I've got a VIP Adventurer that I bought used on eBay, and I couldn't be happier with it. Really hard to find a good leather jacket for big boys like me. This one fits great, and is made to last. Super workmanship and leather quality, and I used to work with leather, so I'm picky. Frank.

I've got a VIP Adventurer that I bought used on eBay, and I couldn't be happier with it. Really hard to find a good leather jacket for big boys like me. This one fits great, and is made to last. Super workmanship and leather quality, and I used to work with leather, so I'm picky. Frank.

Thank you sir. One big guy to another!

A friend of mine bought a US Wings A-2, he was very happy with their service, the price and the jacket. He's a big guy and the US Wings had the exact type of fit for him. It's his only A-2 and he had it painted to honor his friend who flew in WW2.

442, that's awesome! And, happy Veterans Day sir. Am I correct you served? I hope I recalled correctly.

442RCT

One of the Regulars
442, that's awesome! And, happy Veterans Day sir. Am I correct you served? I hope I recalled correctly.

Thank You, I'm proud to say I come from a family with a history of military service, my dad served in WW2 with the One Pukka Pukka then reassigned to MIS China, his brother served in the Pacific as a Marine Medic, I saw service in VN, my wife served during Desert Storm, and my son is currently in Iraq as a US Army Cav Scout. Hoo Yah !!!

alfyman

One of the Regulars
I have purchased a B 15 leather Jacket and I was very satisfied, as was the person who robbed me for it. Anyway, I now have a Sheepskin jacket from Cirrus UK. which is also very nice. and I did own a B3 from Eastman but I got that one years ago and had to sell it because I grew out of it, I still love the B3. I like it without the puffy ends in the sleeve.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou