Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordered my first fedora......Optimo

Jazzcat

New in Town
First, thanks to everyone on the forum for their responses to my redundant newbie questions. After speaking with Graham (sp?) at Optimo, I went with a Bogie style, 2.25" brim, heavyweight in the Saddle color. After a lengthy conversation, Graham gave me his recomendations on sizing and so forth. It should be ready by the end of the month. I'll be sure to post a picture. Thanks again to everyone.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I am surprised that Graham recommended using a heavyweight felt. He tried to make my Bogart in a heavyweight and it didn't look right. Perhaps you are not trying for a spot-on Bogie. I was very picky. ;)

If by chance that is what you are looking for...you might want to read my thread on the making of my hat...which I am wear in my avitar.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Please don't anyone get offended by this comment as I'm not trying to be critical, however I think it is true that Graham is not used to the pickyness or should I say the "attention to detail" that we here at the FL have when it comes to what we want in our fedora's. So it is important that you communicate your EXACT expectations regarding the hat.

fedoralover

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I sent him a lot pictures of Bogart's hat from The Maltese Falcon Graham said he was keeping all the information on my hat and that he could reproduce it now that he figured out how to block it. He used a lightweight felt because he couldn't get the heavyweight to have that look.

What size are you?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Well!!

Jazzcat said:
MK thanks for your input. That is precisely the hat I'm looking for. I told Graham that I didn't want a brim that was too large for my smaller frame. That's how we came up with the smaller size. However, the 2.5" looks perfect on you. How can I reference your hat with Graham so he will know what I'm talking about?

How is your order coming?

Jazzcat

New in Town
After some help from MK, and others, I think I will be much more pleased with my hat. Graham is on vacation until tomorrow, but he was left a note to contact me prior to starting the hat. I'll be sure to post pics when it arrives. It should be shipping at the end of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass