Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordering Japanese Real McCoys...

Rufus

Practically Family
trawling through some old threads I found a whole bunch of lovely Real McCoys jackets....

Can any kind soul explain how I would go about ordering one?

I've emailed a couple of Japanese sites in the past, and sadly never had a reply...

http://popup10.tok2.com/home2/easystyle/hare30.html

Any advice greatfully received!

Kind regards,
Rufus

Rufus

Practically Family
They sell the japanese jackets? (do they make them for the japanese business?)

Excuse my confusion, I was under the impression they were entirely separate companies...

:) R

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Only one I know is RMNZ and they are the one you'll hear people raving about around here.

I might be wrong but sounds like they export to Japan.

Check out the NZ website, if you like US flying jackets you'll like what's there.

SGB

One of the Regulars
Real McCoy Japan and Real McCoy New Zealand are two different companies. Real McCoy New Zealand makes "The Few" line of jackets for the Japanese market. RMCNZ are very easy to deal with, Paddy will take excellent care of you. RMCJ are more difficult as they do not export or sell outside of Japan, you must go through a broker or friend.

SGB

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Rufus-

Same company- different markets.
RMC NZ sell various jackets but also make stock for the Japanese domestic market. You should email Paddy at RMCNZ with your questions- she's very helpful and you may save £100s.

Rufus-
-did you ever teach a Comic drawing evening class
in Islington, in the late '90s..?

Love and Rockets-

B
T

Rufus

Practically Family
Thanks Guys...I'll try RMNZ..

Comic courses? Yup...i've taught some...I don't remember that one particularily...But quite probably!

I just taught for a week in Belfast, and today at the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal green.

I'm not really a teacher, I'm a comicbook artist...but it's great to talk to kids who're interested...

:) Rufus

JMADSENK

New in Town
There are Japanese proxy services that will order for you. There are also people on Ebay who charge either $25 or $50, depending on the order amount, who will purchase goods for you. You can also register yourself on Rakuten and buy many Japanese goods direct.

Rufus

Practically Family
Thanks JM,

I've heard of the proxy services....although never used one.
Any experience? Where can you get hold of them?

Rakuten left me baffled, I couldn't find a way of translating it.... my japanese is skoshi (IE- little...and even that's spelt wrong..)...!

JMADSENK

New in Town
Rufus, services come and go because of frequent burnout. It becomes as time consuming as a full time job. You can find services on Google. You can also go through the "japanese fantastic denim store" on Ebay. He charges $50 for orders over 25,000 Yen. If none of these appeal to you then send me a message.

Rufus

Practically Family
Excellent, I'll try the Ebay chappie!

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

Kind regards,
rufus

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
Same company- different markets.

This used to be true but not for the past several years. RMNZ and RMJ are different companies and in fact bitter rivals. RMJ itself has splintered into several different companies at this point.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I was trying to make the point that the product is related and similar- without going into family feuding.
It looked like we were headed into the territory of them being totally unrelated entities. A RMCNZ/FEW jacket is going to be of the same creed and quality as a RMCJP jacket. Cheaper, hopefully.
Now a dysfunctional family. Seperate commercial enterprises with a strong mutual history.

B
T

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
They go for the same prices. For The Few to cost lower than RMP would be a huge loss of face for them. The Few is seriously lagging behind McCoy's in the civilan gear department.

M
U
D

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
I live in Japan ( Yokohama), so if there is something you need in the way of jakets maybe I could help.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
There's about a $400 difference in favour of RMCNZ/The Few, over The Few from Japan.
If you order from NZ. For a HH A-2. Depending on style.
Not exactly the same choice perhaps but cheaper if you find what you like at RMCNZ.

B
T

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Therein lays the rub. There is no The Few from Japan. The Few line is priced way over (often well over $400 over) the honky-friendly RMNZ line which is itself vastly inferior in quality of material, manufacture, and variety to The Few stuff. To equate The Few and RMNZ, tho both companies are owned by the same man, is a mistake.

Rufus

Practically Family
Thank everyone for all the different advice, and the kind offer Davy!

I emailed RMNZ and asked about the civilian 1930s MC jacket I was interested in, and they confimed tey USED to make it for RMJ, but no longer do so. They are however going to be doing a siiliar jacket soon however, so it looks like we can expect new product!

I haven't heard back from any of the Japaneses places I emailed yet (including the ebay fella), but I'll update as I found out more...

The things we do for clothes!

Again, cheers everyone!

Rufus

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
MudInYerEye said:
Therein lays the rub. There is no The Few from Japan. The Few line is priced way over (often well over $400 over) the honky-friendly RMNZ line which is itself vastly inferior in quality of material, manufacture, and variety to The Few stuff. To equate The Few and RMNZ, tho both companies are owned by the same man, is a mistake.

Are RMCNZ products inferior to RMCJP's in general..?

________
Shooting.

?
B
T

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Interesting isn't it that the "truly serious" jacketheads aren't being offered the highest quality jackets or the rarest types. They're reserved for the scenester-jeanster native crowd - often with substantial changes (viz. the "natural finish" Werber 1729).

AN6-003_0.jpg

:eusa_doh: [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner