Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original contract 40s and 50s G-1s

amigoescondido

New in Town
Can anyone tell me if the original contracts made these jackets in long sizes? Or were only regular sizes specd?
Amigoescondido

amigoescondido

New in Town
Thanks for the response Bellytank. So if one was interested in being truly "military authentic" to the look and "drape" of a repro G-1, one should order it in a regular, even if you wear a long. The result would be a military fit unique to one's own self and true to the garments period fit. A long size would never be authentic or historically correct. Guys who's fit was a "long" had to wear a regular in a G-1. And it stands to reason that "look", whatever it was, could be seen on deck and about town every once in while. Comments?
Amigoescondido

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well, people are all shapes and sizes- as can be seen by the relative 'fit' in wartime photos. If you're getting a jacket made though, an inch here or there won't hurt- there were dimensional shifts of easily an inch or more between jacket contractors-
If you're paying- get something that fits you-

BT.

guitone

Familiar Face
I get a kick out of being historicaly correct and have to agree with BT, if you are paying get something that fits you...for me, maybe I am in a minority, I want a fit and a look, not a fit or look...I want it to fit my body well and look good...if a style does not look good on me I will pass (even if I love it on you)...so I want what will fit me that best it can....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn