Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orphan jackets and another kind of contrast vs. trousers

Espee

Practically Family
I was once planning to pair some solid dark blue trousers with a subtly-patterned jacket which was, mainly, that same blue. Then I realized, or remembered, that it would look, for just an instant, like a suit-- but then start looking like a lame attempt at faking a suit.
However, now I'm thinking about the off-white khakis I have. I saw a jacket which seems to be (pending side-by-side comparison) the same base color, with a large window-pane pattern of blue-green-magenta lines. Ya think the two pieces will have enough contrast, Patterned/Plain, to come across as well as good Color Contrasts do? Considering this is for a "summer" look, the lighter the colors, the better. (I'd rather not be restricted to blue, tan, or brown jackets.)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I don't know without pics, but the light jacket could work brilliantly with some gray slacks, or even with some brighter colors, since it is summer.

Espee

Practically Family
The off-white khakis, I have now. Another choice of jacket is what I might want to acquire.
The aforementioned dark blue jacket would have been okay with them, except it's not a Long, and the high contrast with the pants will emphasize that. (And that's not for staying in the sun very long.
Probably the best one I have is grayed-out tan with a subtle charcoal rectangular pattern, and it's lightweight.
The pants cause me to a) eat standing up and leaning, to avoid spills. (Or not eat at all!) And also to give a wide berth to anything grubby I might brush up against...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy