Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
This is just getting silly. Why make this a Euro vs American thing? I must say I love having friends on here from all over the world, and I love hearing their opinions

006.jpg 005.jpg 004.jpg

I came across this sixties/seventy's three piece tweed suit today at a salvation army storm. $20.00
I can never find a quality 40/50 suit... so I will settle for a sixty's suit for the price.
Regards

CCJ

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
If this hat isn't a showstopper, I don't know what is. Let me say that coral is my favorite color. So any color shade of coral and even pink gets my attention because it looks great on me. I only have pink 60s hats, no pink from my favorite decades of the 20s-40s, so when I saw this pink 40s tilt hat priced at under 60 bucks I knew I had to have it:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/182793578?ref=fb2_tnx_title

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
CS - that's a great price, and definitely a head-turner.

Thanks Kent. I look forward to wearing that hat this spring. I will post a pic of me in it for sure!

Speaking of pics, as many of you know, this past fall, I began planning a hat site showcasing my hat collection from the 20s, 30s and 40s. I have the logo designed and the name and slogan picked out. Right now, I am working on honing my photography skills which as you may know takes lots and lots of practice. This is important as the site will be very photo heavy. I will definitely keep you all posted! I am very excited!

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Early morning acquisition

Rolled out of bed, grabbed some coffee & found this waiting, patiently, for me on Etsy. I am quite chuffed, I have wanted a vintage borso folder, which is almost certainly is what it is, for quite a while.

I'll have to stretch it up a size but w/o a leather band to contend with it may be less traumatic than otherwise, I'm thinkin'. it looks like a good, light, unlined spring lid in great shape.

I must say it is EXACTLY finds like this that keep me almost entirely OUT of the contemporary fur felt market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy