Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I could not look at this Mallory Ten any longer on eBay. Last year, before I realized I can generally wear a 6-7/8 (generally might be an over statement), I watched this guy languishing for months. Then it vanished and I figured sold, but suddenly it’s back and I just can’t watch it on my screen any longer.

I really didn’t need another one in this style from this era, but I don’t have a Mallory Ten at all so I guess that’s justification? Maybe?

I am budgeted now to seven new hats a year. This one will be number two (counting from when I made that rule, which was last week :D).

View attachment 590111
View attachment 590112
View attachment 590113
View attachment 590114
Great looking hat, Nathan. I love Mallorys

New sweatband…

1708261845146.png

Oof!

IMG_0994.jpeg

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
New hats, 3 from eBay, one from Facebook Marketplace. First New Hat, an Eddy by Chris Eddy from Eddy Brothers. It has an outback look and is a 5X fur felt. Next, A 4X Resistol quicksilver. And yes, I am replacing the plastic hat band. Why had 4X that fur felt and have glued on band like that? next a Barbisio Brown Fur Felt Fedora Hat Made in Italy that cam very crushed and being soft fur felt rabbit I feel took a bit to get in shape. I reset the crown with a lower back and higher front. Next A Stetson Stampede. Come with the box but no lid. It was very reshaped by someone and done some more reshaping. which post as soon as I can take more shots. I have sweat band patching to do and use some conditioner on the leather. I will post more on these hats later. I paid the most for Barbisio due to tax and shipping. Eddy and quicksilver were $30 each. The stetson I paid $37. The Eddy and Quicksilver were local sellers.
20240109_135419.jpg
20240121_183720.jpg
20240121_181313.jpg
20240224_230537.jpg
20240208_151923.jpg
s-l16004.jpg
20240209_155812.jpg
20240209_170348.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Ooh, finally something that looks like a fun wool hat - this one is from Adam (maybe one of their last models? I have no idea how to date wool hats).

It’s actually fitted (is that the right word? instead of small, medium, etc.) and the seller even showed measurements so I know it will fit.

Recently, I’ve been shopping mostly non-fur hats but have not found much of interest at all. I also can’t usually wear wool, so even if this is nice quality there’s still a chance it won’t get much head time.

For $35 all in, I’ll take a chance.

This might be the coolest looking wool fedora I’ve ever seen.

IMG_0818.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

Last edited:
Ooh, finally something that looks like a fun wool hat - this one is from Adam (maybe one of their last models? I have no idea how to date wool hats).

It’s actually fitted (is that the right word? instead of small, medium, etc.) and the seller even showed measurements so I know it will fit.

Recently, I’ve been shopping mostly non-fur hats but have not found much of interest at all. I also can’t usually wear wool, so even if this is nice quality there’s still a chance it won’t get much head time.

For $35 all in, I’ll take a chance.

This might be the coolest looking wool fedora I’ve ever seen.

Great lid, Nathan. Keep your band block handy, and all should be fine. I like it!

Couldn't help but notice the boomerang behind it, which reminded me of a large display of boomerangs in a sporting goods store some years back. Above the display was a sign saying "You Cannot Get a Return With a Defective Boomerang!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner