Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Pkyoakum

One of the Regulars
Got this Dunlap today. Which would have been nice, but the sweatband is in bad shape and has completely detached. Other than that, there is a little spot on the brim, but the felt is a decent light weight and in good shape. It is a tan color with a dark brown grosgrain ribbon. The brim is 2 7/8" with 3/8" binding.

The seller also stated this as a size seven without even showing the tags, but it is a size 7 3/8 according to the tag and internal label. The sweatband was held in place with two safety pins.

The seller would not accept a return, but gave be a 40% refund not including the shipping.

I feel that it is a decent hat and would be a nice hat with a new band, but it is 3 sizes too large for me, and I'm not sure I can sell it for the cost and shipping of getting a band put in.

Do you feel that this is worth having a new band put in?

It is cleaner than the pictures depict.
View attachment 583386 View attachment 583387 View attachment 583388
I wear 7 3/8. Not sure what it is worth. Looks like a good style. If you wanted to sell,, what would you want fir it plus shipping? Thanks

Got this Dunlap today. Which would have been nice, but the sweatband is in bad shape and has completely detached. Other than that, there is a little spot on the brim, but the felt is a decent light weight and in good shape. It is a tan color with a dark brown grosgrain ribbon. The brim is 2 7/8" with 3/8" binding.

The seller also stated this as a size seven without even showing the tags, but it is a size 7 3/8 according to the tag and internal label. The sweatband was held in place with two safety pins.

The seller would not accept a return, but gave be a 40% refund not including the shipping.

I feel that it is a decent hat and would be a nice hat with a new band, but it is 3 sizes too large for me, and I'm not sure I can sell it for the cost and shipping of getting a band put in.

I suspect if Randall or Robert put in a new sweat and spiffed it up a bit. At 3/8 it might fetch a pretty penny. Just a guess. I wonder if he could block it down a couple sizes. But Might get you a slight bigger brim Which at 2 7/8 already might not be what you are looking for.

Mighty44

One Too Many

Contact EBay and they’ll get your refund for you—everything is set up to protect the buyer not the seller. It’s a hassle but it should work for you. Good luck.

Arriving this week…. Won’t expect my in hand photos will be better than the seller’s

IMG_5886.png
IMG_5887.png
IMG_5888.png
IMG_5889.png
IMG_5892.png
IMG_5893.png
IMG_5894.png
IMG_5897.png
IMG_5898.png
IMG_5903.png

Well, I apparently bought this hat this AM.

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLmViYXlpbWcuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9nLzdESUFBT1N3eFRSbHdVSXkvcy1sMTYwMC53ZWJw.jpg

I am not certain if it will fit me. When I messaged the seller to ask my standard, "please give me the front-to-back and side-to-side measurements of the head opening," the reply was:

"Brim width 103/4 (10 3/4"? still doesn't make sense), Side to side brim to brim 11", inside length of brim 8 1/4", side to side inside 7 3/4."

I couldn't resist, though, for obvious reasons. It was cheap and I made an offer which was accepted. If it fits, it's my huckleberry. If not, I dunno.

Well, I apparently bought this hat this AM.

View attachment 587952

I am not certain if it will fit me. When I messaged the seller to ask my standard, "please give me the front-to-back and side-to-side measurements of the head opening," the reply was:

"Brim width 103/4 (10 3/4"? still doesn't make sense), Side to side brim to brim 11", inside length of brim 8 1/4", side to side inside 7 3/4."

I couldn't resist, though, for obvious reasons. It was cheap and I made an offer which was accepted. If it fits, it's my huckleberry. If not, I dunno.
I it is two sizes to big.......remember me. Cool find!;)

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I could not look at this Mallory Ten any longer on eBay. Last year, before I realized I can generally wear a 6-7/8 (generally might be an over statement), I watched this guy languishing for months. Then it vanished and I figured sold, but suddenly it’s back and I just can’t watch it on my screen any longer.

I really didn’t need another one in this style from this era, but I don’t have a Mallory Ten at all so I guess that’s justification? Maybe?

I am budgeted now to seven new hats a year. This one will be number two (counting from when I made that rule, which was last week :D).

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family
I could not look at this Mallory Ten any longer on eBay. Last year, before I realized I can generally wear a 6-7/8 (generally might be an over statement), I watched this guy languishing for months. Then it vanished and I figured sold, but suddenly it’s back and I just can’t watch it on my screen any longer.

I really didn’t need another one in this style from this era, but I don’t have a Mallory Ten at all so I guess that’s justification? Maybe?

I am budgeted now to seven new hats a year. This one will be number two (counting from when I made that rule, which was last week :D).

View attachment 590111
View attachment 590112
View attachment 590113
View attachment 590114
Great looking hat, Nathan! And speaking of Mallorys, I've got this one coming.

Screenshot_20240213-215834_kindlephoto-363718344.png
Screenshot_20240213-215917_kindlephoto-363760736.png

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Yep, should have it by Friday.
Excellent! Will this be your first Dallas? I’ll be interested to hear how it compares to your Open Roads. I have two Dallas models but they are radically different in their blocking. One of them is a Mallory 20 Dallas, so that might be why the blocking is different, but I’m surprised at how big the difference is.

hambone71

Practically Family
Excellent! Will this be your first Dallas? I’ll be interested to hear how it compares to your Open Roads. I have two Dallas models but they are radically different in their blocking. One of them is a Mallory 20 Dallas, so that might be why the blocking is different, but I’m surprised at how big the difference is.
I’ll be sure to post up and let you know my thoughts. I do not currently own a Mallory so my OR’s will be my measuring stick.

I’ll be curious to hear about your 10 once you receive and evaluate it.

View attachment 590111
View attachment 590112
View attachment 590113
View attachment 590114
Whatever we need to tell ourselves to get the next one is fine, Nathan.;) That is one excellent looking hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner