Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
When it rains, it pours. I was SOOO good last month and hardly even looked at hats. This month I can’t stop finding little gems every time I just take a little peek.

Here’s another 40s Marathon. It’s got a good deal of Swiss cheese but somehow on this classic I don’t mind.

Gotta love it when you’re the only bidder.

Now excuse me while I delete my eBay account.

IMG_9884.jpeg

IMG_9885.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Sounds like me, Nathan. My new year's resolution was to downsize my collection. I now have 5 coming in!!!

When it rains, it pours. I was SOOO good last month and hardly even looked at hats. This month I can’t stop finding little gems every time I just take a little peek.

Here’s another 40s Marathon. It’s got a good deal of Swiss cheese but somehow on this classic I don’t mind.

View attachment 580921
View attachment 580922
View attachment 580923

20210228_155503.jpg

View attachment 580921
View attachment 580922
View attachment 580923
It’s a real nice piece, Nathan.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
It’s a real nice piece, Nathan.
Thanks Joe. I like old beaters that I don’t have to feel nervous to wear.

Counting would be the first step in admitting I have a problem

I’m not to the point of counting, but maybe looking to see if I have a few I could let go of.

Besides, why count? Anything is too much after one summer felt, one winter felt, one work hat and one dress hat, plus one straw and one bowler. Might as well have backups for all those, right, just in case? Plus there’s the morning hats and second breakfast hats and early dinner hats. The riding in a train hat and the visiting the parents hat and and and…

I don’t need to count - I know I don’t have enough!

hambone71

Practically Family

View attachment 580921
View attachment 580922
View attachment 580923
Another great one and rates high on the "cool" scale! Love it!

Counting would be the first step in admitting I have a problem
Yes.....so I do NOT count. My wife sort of does.....when friends say how many hats do you have, I say I don't know....my wife says "well I have counted at least 100 boxes"......and then I stupidly say.."many/most of those boxes have more than 1 and up to 4". Conversations tend to end after that..........:oops:
:rolleyes:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
For sure! Two of those have arrived, the Umbrella Hat Co. and a Gannon. The next one to arrive will be my BBQ sauce hat.

20240113_104720.jpg 20240113_161736.jpg IMG-20240112-111951515.jpg
Yes, I remember an email from you about that project. Any progress?

I might have to downsize just to make storage space for these new acquisitions. It’s definitely time for a thorough hat inventory…

That hat’s a beauty by the way! What is it?

hambone71

Practically Family

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I used Etsy but Alan sent his email, so he uses both. The short answer on lead time is he is pretty quick...a month or less. The long answer is that he is a startup and does not have a large stock of materials so, if he does not have a felt in your preferred color, or a ribbon or binding, you'll have to wait until he can find those. I had to wait on the ribbon (but I was in no hurry for the hat) and it was still less than 2 months.

Excellent, Randy! So, for the Kings Umbrella, do you just message them on Etsy and start collaborating? I understand the pricing is very reasonable. What is the timeline like?
20240110_173457.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Sounds like me, Nathan. My new year's resolution was to downsize my collection. I now have 5 coming in!!!

View attachment 580925
I have officially run out of space, but am off to Australia with 60 odd screaming kids next month and I just sent the Hattery an email about the Akubra Blue Mountain. Haven’t told Etsuko yet.:rolleyes:

Yes.....so I do NOT count. My wife sort of does.....when friends say how many hats do you have, I say I don't know....my wife says "well I have counted at least 100 boxes"......and then I stupidly say.."many/most of those boxes have more than 1 and up to 4". Conversations tend to end after that..........:oops:
:rolleyes:
My wife will be on FaceTime with a friend and somehow they ask how many hats he has and she will pan over to the stack of hats on my nightstand and the several on hooks on the wall and say… and those ones on the wall have like three behind them.. and that’s when I say something dumb like and most of them are in bins in the garage. Those conversations end much like yours :oops:

hambone71

Practically Family
Yes, I used Etsy but Alan sent his email, so he uses both. The short answer on lead time is he is pretty quick...a month or less. The long answer is that he is a startup and does not have a large stock of materials so, if he does not have a felt in your preferred color, or a ribbon or binding, you'll have to wait until he can find those. I had to wait on the ribbon (but I was in no hurry for the hat) and it was still less than 2 months.

View attachment 581017
Thanks for the info, Randy. I've probably read elsewhere and don't quite remember, but how do you feel about the quality? I know Brent was pretty high on the quality relative to price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW