Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Interesting. 1817 liner, but the sweat has a "tombstoney" logo on it. Might be a transition hat.

I would be asking for a pic of that size tag, though.

thatguykeek

New in Town
Wowsers, we found a fantastic Borsalino Augusta Diamante today. The hat is really soft, I believe it might be hare felt. Vintage and super excellent condition. Ready for this? 12.99 at Good Will. Yes, we have snagged plenty of surprises there. Wahhh it's not my size, but will give to my good hat lovin friend at work.

20220429_152554.jpg
20220429_152925.jpg
20220429_152635.jpg
20220429_152650.jpg

thatguykeek

New in Town
You betcha I have a gripe. It's ME. I wear a 7 5/8" O size AKA 61, XL, 24" yada yada. This does not make vintage hat collecting easy for a melon head like me! They did not have as many large heads back a century ago like they do now. And I like to wear what I collect, so I often grab contemporary new ones. Pairing my size with something vintage is, well, a "stretch." I learned my lesson by overstretching a beautiful Dobbs fedora. Oops. And, well, you know what happened. So it's not impossible for Neanderthals to collect hats, but boy is it challenging. Thanks for listening, now I am going to lay my head down.
20220505_204156.png

You betcha I have a gripe. It's ME. I wear a 7 5/8" O size AKA 61, XL, 24" yada yada. This does not make vintage hat collecting easy for a melon head like me! They did not have as many large heads back a century ago like they do now. And I like to wear what I collect, so I often grab contemporary new ones. Pairing my size with something vintage is, well, a "stretch." I learned my lesson by overstretching a beautiful Dobbs fedora. Oops. And, well, you know what happened. So it's not impossible for Neanderthals to collect hats, but boy is it challenging. Thanks for listening, now I am going to lay my head down. View attachment 423480

You have a lot of company here. I’m a 61-62cm long oval and yes, vintage hats are slow going. The dearth of vintage hats in my size led me to commissioning custom hats. Time to get a line of credit to support your new hat addiction. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ