Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Is it too much to ask that the "MIB, Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe Since 1961" look be cut some slack? I mean, there've been variations on the "Fed/Heavy/Spook Suit" theme since suits entered wear...

Yeah but just look on eBay and see what people consider a Fed/Gangster/Heavy/Spook suit. It is usually a double breasted peaked lapel suit.:rolleyes::p

MissMittens

One Too Many
I know, and my '69 Chevy Nova...

Well, we need to sell them then :p

I wish I didn't hem and haw over buying a 42 Packard Six about 8 yrs ago. Was complete, rust free barn find. Mice had eaten the interior pretty badly, but the guy got it started and ran. Needed some work, but he wanted 6k and I missed out because I didn't want to pay his asking price because he'd had the car for close to 20 years in that barn, so I wanted to try and get it on the cheap. 6 wasn't a bad price, I just knew he'd come down. Few days later, I called and someone had taken it for 4k which is what I'd offered him in the first place :/ :kickmyself:

Yeah but just look on eBay and see what people consider a Fed/Gangster/Heavy/Spook suit. It is usually a double breasted peaked lapel suit.:rolleyes::p
Shows you how Dumber Than A Monkey Dump (someday I gotta trademark this phrase!) many people are... DB may have been more common, but in practical terms single-breasted is MUCH easier to access Ye Olde Hardware when necessary.

Well, we need to sell them then :p

I wish I didn't hem and haw over buying a 42 Packard Six about 8 yrs ago. Was complete, rust free barn find. Mice had eaten the interior pretty badly, but the guy got it started and ran. Needed some work, but he wanted 6k and I missed out because I didn't want to pay his asking price because he'd had the car for close to 20 years in that barn, so I wanted to try and get it on the cheap. 6 wasn't a bad price, I just knew he'd come down. Few days later, I called and someone had taken it for 4k which is what I'd offered him in the first place :/ :kickmyself:

Holy:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:!

Cagney and Edward G Robinson were also emphasizing appearance, and my priority is "what will let me Drag Iron fastest while still keeping the hardware sufficiently concealed and my appearance sufficiently presentable for polite society?" Two-button, single-breasted is about the best option for having minimal material to obstruct a shoulder-holster drawstroke while wearing a suit...

MissMittens

One Too Many
Holy:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:!

My friend at the time put it best...

"You really know how to talk yourself out of a good deal when you see one"

LOL!! In my defense, I was just getting started with the German car bug back then, so at the time was only looking at the Packard because it was "cool", not because i had an affinity with the vehicle in any way.

Guess I'll be living in the leisure suit capital of the world, because I will not give up my babies.....

ce11.jpg

GEDC0420.jpg

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
Guess I'll be living in the leisure suit capital of the world, because I will not give up my babies.....

ce11.jpg

GEDC0420.jpg

Nice touch with the horns - I'm especially impressed with the evident lack of visible lower-panel rust. That's quite a feat for driving up north.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Those horns were stolen at K-Mart a year ago now, but I bought a bigger pair! The station wagon saw winters when I was in High School, and for awhile after, but didn't before then and will no longer, since I bought a 4x4 truck. These cars are now strictly for nice weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff