Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outfit help?

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
My best friend is getting married next month and I'm trying to get my outfit together (I'm her sort of chief bridesmaid)

So far I have the dress and shoes.. (be warned I have no makeup on in this, and my hair is a state)

dress.jpg

and a black fur stole, a black fur muff.

But no idea what hat to wear, or how to do my hair. And I'm rapidly running out of time/money.

Any ideas?

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I agree with Ada aout a little black hat. It can never wrong. Since you seem to havea rather round face I think some rolls paired with curly hair could be very flattering on you!

epr25

Practically Family
I certinly wouldn't count on the hair dresser. More then likely she will have no idea what you want. I would try to bring a photo to help comminucate to her what you are looking for.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hi KitschGoth, since you have plenty of time and live not too far from London, and it's a big event why don't you treat yourself and get your hair done at Nina's http://www.ninasvintageandretrohair.com/

I have been desperate to get myself and my best friend here but just haven't had any free time at all. Take a look at the fantastic photos in the gallery. I have heard from a few of the UK ladies that she is utterly fantastic and very reasonably priced.

If you do decide to go for it please post some pics. Oh and even if you don't please can we see some pics of you ready to go. Your dress is super-cute and such a lovely colour. I also love your little doll hat.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
AllaboutEve said:
Hi KitschGoth, since you have plenty of time and live not too far from London, and it's a big event why don't you treat yourself and get your hair done at Nina's http://www.ninasvintageandretrohair.com/

I have been desperate to get myself and my best friend here but just haven't had any free time at all. Take a look at the fantastic photos in the gallery. I have heard from a few of the UK ladies that she is utterly fantastic and very reasonably priced.

If you do decide to go for it please post some pics. Oh and even if you don't please can we see some pics of you ready to go. Your dress is super-cute and such a lovely colour. I also love your little doll hat.

I really want to go see Nina (I've heard wonderful things about her too) but I haven't got any free time between now and the wedding :(

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Not to worry there is so much great info in the Beauty forum here about pin curls etc that I am sure you will come up with something lovely yourself and that you'll look just great.

Where did your lovely dress come from? If you don't mind my asking....:)

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
AllaboutEve said:
Not to worry there is so much great info in the Beauty forum here about pin curls etc that I am sure you will come up with something lovely yourself and that you'll look just great.

Where did your lovely dress come from? If you don't mind my asking....:)

TK Maxx suprisingly, I'd been just about to give up when I found it. And it was in the sale :)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
That's incredible, it's soooo cute I thought that you had found it in a vintage shop somewhere. Well done great find!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR