Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

outfit ideas in london

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
this is kind of similar to another thread but it's location specific and within a short time frame so i hope i dont annoy anyone by starting a new thread.

my brothers wedding is in August. we're flying out to NY for it (empire state to be precise). i'm his "Best Lady". it's a smart casual wedding- so non-uber expensive outfits.

my bro has asked me to go down to london with him in the next few weeks to help him pick something out for his wedding attire. i thought i's show him a few things i would like to wear just so i can get his approval on it. then if he likes anything while i'm down there he can say yay/nay and we decide whether i should get it/get a fitting.

i'm goin vintage/or repro. trouble is i only know like a few vintage styled shops down there. i was gonna have a look in Fairy Godmother cos the corsets and dresses are divine.

i know of a few vintage shops but they're all a mish mash and it tends to be more 70's when i've been there before- havent got time to root around amongst heaps of rails as well as sort my brothers outfit.

any londoners have any ideas?
bearing in mind also that i'm not a small size.

xxxx

MissHannah

One Too Many
If you've got a bit more to spend (£100 upwards) then try the Antique Clothing Shop, 282 Portobello Road - it's pure bliss. And if it's a saturday there's the vintage clothes market right next to it. There's another shop opposite that I can't remember the name of too.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
In Angel there's a shop called 'Cloud Cuckoo land' that has reasonably priced good quality vintage, and there's also one called 'Blackout II' in covent garden. I second the two options above, also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy