Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlander the Series...

emigran

Practically Family
Anyone watching this one...??? pretty intense. My friend told me about it... caught up on first 16 episodes over two weeks On Demand... Now I'm hooked...

Last edited:
Since I have a clan connection to the MacKenzie's, I've watched it, just caught the season finale this weekend.
The last few episodes were on the graphic side but as I put it, Game of Thrones meets Braveheart....

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Haven't seen any of the shows yet as I'm working my way (slowly, as like the 'A Song of Ice and Fire" series, the Outlander novels are long) through the books. Can anyone say how far along the show has progressed in terms of the books' storylines? If they're not too far ahead, I'd love to try out the show.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Haven't seen any of the shows yet as I'm working my way (slowly, as like the 'A Song of Ice and Fire" series, the Outlander novels are long) through the books. Can anyone say how far along the show has progressed in terms of the books' storylines? If they're not too far ahead, I'd love to try out the show.

It sounds like each season will cover one book, so the end of season 1 leaves off where the first book leaves off (with some slight changes of course). If they do continue on through all of the books a' la Game of Thrones, they may have to do some drastic adapting as the later books cover so much territory.

I'm a huge fan of the books, have read them over and over through the years and am so excited this show now exists! Even if I have to wait for them to come out on DVD because I don't have Starz and don't want to pay for each episode through netflix, lol. They divided the first season into two volumes for the DVD release so I have the first 8 episodes, and so far I'm pleased with how they have adapted it from the books. Now I need to wait for the 2nd volume of season 1 DVD to come out so I can finish the season.

Hey, if the author herself, Diana Gabaldon likes them (she does, and serves as consultant to the show, as well as appearing in a cameo in one episode), it's good for me!

mikepara

Practically Family
Watched the first season. It was pretty good escapism. Haven't got a clue about how authentic the costumes and manners are, but nothing really jumps out as wrong. I'll not throw any spoilers out there but I like who the main English Officer protagonist is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner