Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Painting ID help

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Anyone know anything about this painting? I found this very high quality professionally framed 20x24 print at the Goodwill today for $7. I've actually never seen a print of such subject matter at any thrift store before. It was to good to pass up even though I have no wall space to hang it (I guess I'll have to start a rotation schedule for my wall hangings...)

1-15.jpg
[/IMG]

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much!:eusa_clap

Another print I bought was Goya's 'The Execution of the Defenders of Madrid.' That one I knew right away. There were a couple more I left behind. I now have a feeling all the paintings were Spanish art. I wonder who the donors were?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Glad that Art History degree of mine was good for sumthin' Quigley!

I think there must have been a real fad for Spanish art in the late 50's/early 60's because I've seen a number of really nice reproductions beautifully framed from that period.

I've been on the lookout for a nice reproduction of Vel?°zquez's Rokeby Venus or one of his lovely interior scenes with women (The Needlewoman, etc.) but all I can find is endless copies of Las Meninas. Ah, well! The hunt continues.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
greco.jpg

That's been debated by art historians and I haven't read any positive proof that it is, but I'd lean towards saying yes based on the widely accepted self portraits of him;

El20Greco1541-161620SelfP20as20S20L.jpg

El-Greco-Self-Portrait-.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy