Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Bob's $25 Cuenca

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
Hello, all - newbie question here. I'm sure Bob's stellar reputation here is well-earned, but does anyone have experience specifically with the $25 Cuenca? I'm just wondering if it's really possible to get a decent quality Panama for that price, no matter who from. It's apparently available in either Llano or Brisa (I didn't even know you could get a Llano weave from Cuenca, never mind for 25 bucks).

Any feedback on that hat specifically in either weave would be appreciated. I quite like the Rio Plata and the Caballero. Thanks in advance.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a hat I bought from PB for around $25 and it's a nice hat that I've worn for the last 2-3 years and it's holding up well.

casechopper

Nope, I just use the cloth/synthetic sweat that came with it. It's black and does bleed a bit but hasn't bled to the outside of the hat so not a problem for me.

Mystic

Practically Family
Nope, I just use the cloth/synthetic sweat that came with it. It's black and does bleed a bit but hasn't bled to the outside of the hat so not a problem for me.

Thanks, good to know. I have been thinking about a cloth sweatband in a summer hat. Gets very humid in Florida. Leather sticks to the forehead.

casechopper

Here's my PB cuenca cuencano that I got for about that amount around 3 years ago.

e6hKeQ5dGtEd_N3l57PQzZAVEpzBRx84WcGdIYyZYTPU=w649-h865

IMG_5834.JPG

IMG_4955.JPG

RJR

I've had nothing but great experience with PB's less expensive and/or discount hats.

gear-guy

Practically Family
Authentic Sombrero de Paja Toquilla, Can't believe it's only $25 might just order another in a different color and crown shape just to have them!

new2hats

A-List Customer
I love Panamabob! He's the only one I will ever order from. Am about to get my greedy paws on more hats. Thanks for the heads-up on his sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto