Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat advice

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The UK seems to use a Grading system with numbers, and we here on this site use a WPSI, which is based on the weave count. I prefer the latter, as I can count it myself. They seem true to where the hats are woven, and I`d see them (Chelsea flower show) and if you like a hat, why not purchase. Having said that, the higher grades seem a bit pricey. They seem to be blocked in Ecuador. if you live in the UK there is the comfort that they are based there - but if you are willing to order internationally, this site has quite a few suppliers you should be comfortable with.

repo

Familiar Face
I think I'll get one of the ones for around £100 and can easily return it if I don't get the correct size. I've been prompted to get one for protection this Summer - I burn easily and now lacking head protection!

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Very wise, an English summer sun & a rosey blighty complexion are not a good combination..:D......
Although the Brits are always complaining about the summer weather, skin cancer is on the increase in the UK so getting a hat is a sensible decision, better to be safe than sorry...& a good quality Panama just oozes style :cool:.... just don't wear shorts or sandals with it though, it'll be like driving a Jag in a tracksuit..:eeek:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21