Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama hat info sought[hat for sale]

Canadave

One Too Many
I'm an old timer in this group. YEARS ago I bought this hat from the gentleman who was married to an Ecuadorian (I believe) and sourced hats there. He sent it to Art Fawcett who crafted the finished hat. I was told it's a great weave. I'm ready to let it go (it's near mint), and was wondering about a fair asking price. It's a 7 7/8. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8004.jpeg
    IMG_8004.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_8006.jpeg
    IMG_8006.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_8007.jpeg
    IMG_8007.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_8003.jpeg
    IMG_8003.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
I'm an old timer in this group. YEARS ago I bought this hat from the gentleman who was married to an Ecuadorian (I believe) and sourced hats there. He sent it to Art Fawcett who crafted the finished hat. I was told it's a great weave. I'm ready to let it go (it's near mint), and was wondering about a fair asking price. It's a 7 7/8. Thanks!

Perhaps a Panama Bob hat?
I’m not sure what a fair price would be, but send me a PM when you have a price in mind. It’s a beautiful hat and I’d like to buy it.

Thank you Brent. I will have to live vicariously through you on this one. . I already have a few from Ol’ Panama Bob. He was just great until he wasn’t, or couldn’t. He probably wishes he could.
Enjoy

The dust still hadn’t settled from Bob’s troubles when I became a member here. I regret missing out, and I’ve heard the problems were beyond Bob’s control. I wish the stars would have aligned for me; I’d have liked a taller crown Panama.

Canadave

One Too Many
Yes, a true 7 7/8. I'm a long oval, but I'm not sure whether it was blocked as a long oval or not, but it definitely fits well as it's so flexible and soft. Almost every hat I have that is 7 7/8 is a little snug, but this one is not!

I want to be fair to everyone, and I'm only going to charge actual shipping cost on top of the agreed upon price, but shipping could be expensive as I am in Canada. I'm guessing $30 to the US, but I'm not sure.

Please DM me if interested.

Yes, a true 7 7/8. I'm a long oval, but I'm not sure whether it was blocked as a long oval or not, but it definitely fits well as it's so flexible and soft. Almost every hat I have that is 7 7/8 is a little snug, but this one is not!

I want to be fair to everyone, and I'm only going to charge actual shipping cost on top of the agreed upon price, but shipping could be expensive as I am in Canada. I'm guessing $30 to the US, but I'm not sure.

Please DM me if interested.
If you box it in something no greater than 14 x 14 x 7" the $30 will cover the postage. Takes about a week from Canada to pretty much anywhere in the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran