Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I picked this up a while back, just have not had the time to post it. Light and airy, great summer hat. Not sure of the age, I am guessing 60's, 70's maybe.

P1020451.jpg

P1020449.jpg

P1020452.jpg

Reactions: DRB

HungaryTom

One Too Many
A nice one

Indy,

Very nice hat - even and uniform weaving - nice colors.
The flashlight causes the snow white color - I bet it has more that creamy vanilla ivory seen in natural light.

Art did manage to maintain the treatment in the optimum degree of processing - a such beuty should not look overworked - I bet still he had done a lot of hours on that hat to get it that way.

Your companion for many summers - enjoy it!:)

Tom

I love to hold Montecristis against the light - to see those gleaming Rose Windows in straw!

Ande1964

Practically Family
Patron Style from Bob and Art

I approached our own PanamaBob about a Patron style Panama awhile back. He hooked me up with a great deal on a body, which was then shipped off to Art. The Patron shape was a little tricky for a guy with my large melon, but Art did a fantastic job with it. The syle is perfect, the fit is perfect... it's a perfect hat for me.

Thanks to Bob and Art for a great deal on a great hat!

panama.jpg

Anj

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Here are a few more of Panama Bob's hats that I also picked up on EBAY:

Diamond Panama Hat.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2087.jpg

Indiana Jones Panama Hat.

DSCF2088.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

Loja Style Panama Hat.

DSCF2082.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

This is a Jaxon Panama Hat that I picked up at Village Hat Sop in San Diego, CA. This was before I found out about Panama Bob and his great prices. :eusa_doh: I was able to buy three of Panama Bob's hat for what I paid for this Jaxon Panama Hat

DSCF2093.jpg

DSCF2094.jpg

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
Tom-n-Perris said:
Here are a few more of Panama Bob's hats that I also picked up on OFAS:

Those are some good shots of Bob's hats. I've been looking into getting one (or 2 or....:) ) so these are very helpful.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new arrival from Butte Falls, Oregon:

p1012782qj3.jpg

p1012783ok3.jpg

p1012784lt1.jpg

With its fino brother looming in the background:

montecristis1vy3.jpg

Not a superduper googolfino as you can see, but what Art called "just a good hat." That's plenty good enough for me. My philosophy at this point in my hat wearing and financial life is have a good solid Montecristi body blocked very well.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, gentlemen.

indycop said:
Are we going to see a new Faulkner to match?:D
I've got to cool it for awhile. I still have two ABs outstanding, so they should give me my hat fix over the next few months. I *think* my next Art order will be a Strat clone in the lightweight felt (maybe in Mojave or Sahara), but that won't be until next year.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
Thanks, gentlemen.

I've got to cool it for awhile. I still have two ABs outstanding, so they should give me my hat fix over the next few months. I *think* my next Art order will be a Strat clone in the lightweight felt (maybe in Mojave or Sahara), but that won't be until next year.
I have lain low on my AB because of the movie but when I do wear it I don't get the Indy comments so I should start wearing it more. I am thinking of turning my Peters Bros. into an Aviator clone if I can find someone to do it.
I know my next Art hat will be in Silver belly but probably too late in the year to get a light weight.:(

Eduard

Familiar Face
Ed4_Muralla480x640.jpg

Ed6_Muralla480x640.jpg

Just a regular Montecristi hat bought at the market in Montecristi Ecuador. Nothing special but very well made. I like it a lot and I wear this hat very often...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo