Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

BrandonCarlson

New in Town
I recently bought one of the $15 panama hats from Bob, and it is really nice. The brim is a little smaller than I like (about 2") but at $15 I can't complain. I didn't even think about asking for a specific brim width...

I recently bought one of the $15 panama hats from Bob, and it is really nice. The brim is a little smaller than I like (about 2") but at $15 I can't complain. I didn't even think about asking for a specific brim width...

Mine is about 2 1/4". I was surprised it didn't look too short on me. Fine for me. I am not likely to wear it with a tuxedo any time soon. :p

Mystic

Practically Family
I got my $15 diamond crowns for myself and my two sons. They are great. I am wearing it today. :p
I did spring for the leather sweatband though. :p

I'm not a big panama fan, but, I'm in Florida.....The summer heat and lifestyle seem to call for at least one.

Are all of these hats white? I'm more inclined to a natural color. From the website it looks like you can only select the size, box, and crown style.

Mark Butcher

Familiar Face
Look at the photos in this thread and you'll see they are a wide range of colors. They can be white but most are more of an ivory or creme color. But I am certainly no expert.

I'm not a big panama fan, but, I'm in Florida.....The summer heat and lifestyle seem to call for at least one.

Are all of these hats white? I'm more inclined to a natural color. From the website it looks like you can only select the size, box, and crown style.

Panamas always start out that light color but age to a "natural color." You can order them in various colors from that seller as well. Just email him what color you like and he can get it for you. He even has them in black and dark browns if you would like. :D The price will not be $15 though. These are just his sale hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner