Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panamabob panama blocked by Art, contact PanamaBob or Art?

I65Stang

New in Town
I know a number of you have PB Panama's blocked by Art (Absinthe's posted in March is burned into my mind :) ) and was curious who you actually "bought" the hat from? Is this a chicken/egg situation? PB website does offer a U.S. block but based on what I have read, he uses three (I think) different people including Art. Do you just specify who you want it sent to when ordering? Or do you get it straight from Art?

I didn't want to bother either of these fine gentlemen since I won't actually be ordering for a few months and I am sure they get a lot of e-mails and know you guys have the answer :).

It's funny, my search for a panama was what brought me here to begin with and then I ended up buying an Akubra Sydney first :). Thanks everyone!

Tim

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Stang, it works either way but normally you would contact Robert first, buy it from him, then he'll have it shipped to me for blocking, then to you from me.

Enjoy

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Yes I need it long ovaled I think.? Not a rush since its winter but If Art does that sort of thing I would choose him over anyone else. I just don't know if it has to go straight from panama Bob to Art, or if he would take it from me.:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Indy, if the hat just needs a little work, you can wet them a shape them up yourself.
I tried that but I am an xlo so it didn't help enough!:eusa_doh: And I really like what Art did with Techno's hat!:rolleyes: The size is perfect, its just the ovaling.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sorry IC, didn't revisit this thread for a while.

Just send it out to me & I'll have a go at it. Since you are one of my custom clients I will offer that service.

I65Stang

New in Town
Now arent you glad I asked the question IC? ;) Gave you the perfect opportunity. ;) After seeing "Remembrance" I am having a hard time not buying a fedora from Art instead of having him shape a panama lol

Tim

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I65Stang said:
Now arent you glad I asked the question IC? ;) Gave you the perfect opportunity. ;) After seeing "Remembrance" I am having a hard time not buying a fedora from Art instead of having him shape a panama lol

Tim
Just do both!!You might as well cause I will just put pics of it up here and you will end up doing it anyway!;) I was just thinking how light my hat is today when I was staring at it:D ! I really did not know a hat could be that well made!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80