Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pappy Gunn

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
When I first got into WWII living history, I quickly learned of a kindred spirit by the name of Paul I. Gunn. I was in my 40's at the time and "Pappy" had flown combat in his 40's. He became quite the hero to me.

It took me years to find, but I finally obtained the rather rare book "The Saga of Pappy Gunn" by Gen. George Kenny. Great stuff and a tribute to a great man.

I recently learned of another book, "Pappy Gunn" by his son, Nathanael. I have to tell you, guys, this one is a peach! Highly recommended reading.

Special note to Scott (cco23i): Buddy, you absolutely must get your hands on this book. It is a bible to ground crew kinda guys!:plane:

It is available both new and used from Amazon and others.

Tom

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Tom,
thanks for the information on Pappy Gunn's book written by his son and now I'll have to order it because my dad, who was a crew chief in the 5th AF, in WW II, met him when he was helping install the 2 50 cal machine guns on the right and left side of the B-25's.

Mike

Sgt Brown

One of the Regulars
Tom,
thanks for the information on Pappy Gunn's book written by his son and now I'll have to order it because my dad, who was a crew chief in the 5th AF, in WW II, met him when he was helping install the 2 50 cal machine guns on the right and left side of the B-25's.

Mike

Trust me, Mike, you will find it worth every penny spent!

Tom

Terry292

New in Town
My uncle, Marion Gale Collier, flew with the 498th Bomber Squadron, 345th Bombardment Group. He was killed in action on 6 Apr 1945, during a 345th strike on the Japanese destroyer, Amatsukaze, off the coast of China. He was the rear gunner on CPT Albin V. Johnson's aircraft, B-25J, tail #265. I'll have to look for these books. I'm fascinated by the exploits of these airmen who pioneered close air support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner