Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pecards & Nubuck?

NONONO! Nubuck needs to be sprayed with a silicone treatment - Pecards or anything like it will ruin it. Assuming it's not some sort of military boot made for reenacting or something?

Metatron

One Too Many
It's for some boots i'm considering purchasing, they are nubuck but have no noticeable nap, so my reasoning is, it's still leather, right?

Nubuck is meant to have a "look & feel" as does suede. I wouldn't do it, unless the boots are for outside and you don't care what they look like. If that's the case, sure.
If they're for going to work or out casually, nope. Others may have a different opinion, but that's mine.

Metatron

One Too Many
Thanks for your advice... I'm sort of having second thoughts about getting nubuck boots now, the UK is pretty damp most of the time, so perhaps they don't hold up that well in such a climate?

warbird

One Too Many
Follow the advice you have already been given. The only time I put something like Pecards on a nubuck style pair of boots is when they will get hard use and really need the protection. I have several pair of Meindl hunting boots. For some reason they have all come with a napped leather, but with instructns to apply a weatherproofer, like Nicwax, which of course immediately smoothes them out. They always look great afterwards though. But that's no good if you are going for the nubuck look

I put Sno-Seal on my roughouts that I use for reenacting and my work boots (yard, camping, etc.) Those boots never see an office or diner or movie theatre though.
The people have spoken. Get something appropriate for the weather along with a tub of Pecards or Sno-Seal (or others like them)
Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn