Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peculiar M-1941 Jacket

pipvh

Practically Family
Came across an interesting jacket in a local vintage shop yesterday. I haven't bought it yet so no pics - sorry!

It seems like a standard, war-era M-1941 in cut, cloth and buttons, size approx 44, but it's lined with grey blanket cloth with a faint dark stripe in places, and the sleeves are lined with a bizarre pinkish blanket! Plus the zip is a Clix. The lining could easily be 1940s and I assumed it was a UK-made private purchase job, but the Clix has me scratching my head. Any ideas?

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
Without any photos it is very hard to date it. The Clix zipper would date to 1960/70's but then it could just be a replacement zip not original to the jacket. The lining could also have been replacement although there were post-war copies of the M-41 that mimicked originals in style and cloth used, it was a very popular design. I would suggest if the price is inviting enough then it would be a good buy, genuine WW2 or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy