Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pegasus Advice.

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
I have just got the money together and I am looking at purchasing a jacket from Pegasus leather. As always the jacket looks great in the picture on their website but I want to see if any loungers can give me their own experiences with Pegasus.

I have a number of Aero and Alexander so I am really interested in the build quality and durability of their jackets. So far my brief contacts with Pegasus have been very positive but before finally committing to the purchase I thought I would seek the wisdom of those on this forum.

Thanks

rus1980

Familiar Face
I bought a D-Pocket "S". It's for sale in the classified section. Too small for me. Pay close attention to the sizes they have on their website. The size 44 I bought fits more like a 42. I would order 1 size up in the D-Pocket "S". They seem to have a very tight fit, especially in the chest and shoulders.

Very nice jacket though...

xmr

One of the Regulars
I bought a Luftwaffe. The leather and craftmanship was excellent but I thought it was a bit too tight in the chest area, the rest fit great. I asked them about that and they told me that these jackets were designed to be worn on a bike, "slightly cantilevered sleeves to suit riding position". The tight chest was bugging me so much that I sold it, but that's only my personal opinion, I haven't read about anyone else being bugged by it.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
The chest on mine is a bit snug as well, but it's not a problem. I sized up at the last minute when I ordered and was glad I did. Had I gone with the size I originally ordered it would have been too tight in the chest. I used their size chart to determine the size I ordered, but If I were going to order from them again, I'd ask if they would make a jacket from my actual measurements.

Last edited:

rus1980

Familiar Face
I bought a Luftwaffe. The leather and craftmanship was excellent but I thought it was a bit too tight in the chest area, the rest fit great. I asked them about that and they told me that these jackets were designed to be worn on a bike, "slightly cantilevered sleeves to suit riding position". The tight chest was bugging me so much that I sold it, but that's only my personal opinion, I haven't read about anyone else being bugged by it.

The chest on mine is too tight. It's so tight that it is uncomfortable. I recommend ordering one size up or ordering a custom made jacket from them. My jacket seemed to be designed for a very thin person. If you have manly features, I would not order in your normal suit size, as it will likely be too tight in the chest.

rus1980

Familiar Face
"Manly features"? Do you mean a Molson gut?

Ha! Not really, but if you have an athletic build and have broad chest and shoulders as a result... You should pay close attention to the measurements. You're probably right, a beer gut won't work in these jackets either.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I'm no expert but their chest to shoulder ratio to me seems a little severe. If you look at their chart you'll see wide shoulders/narrow chest measurements

Novos

One of the Regulars
I bought a D-Pocket "S". It's for sale in the classified section. Too small for me. Pay close attention to the sizes they have on their website. The size 44 I bought fits more like a 42. I would order 1 size up in the D-Pocket "S". They seem to have a very tight fit, especially in the chest and shoulders.

Very nice jacket though...

If I ever get motivated I will take some pics of the D Pocket S that I bought from the classifieds section about 4 months ago? Was this yours? ;) I'm a bigger guy, and essentially have worked physical labour jobs for quite a while, so I have a weird physique, but the 42 was a solid fit. The shoulders are stock 19" which I think is perfect for a 42 jacket, and it is slim fitting for sure, but then again I like a slim fitting jackets.

I had an aero MC in 42 and the fit was all wrong, it was boxy and bulky and yet I could barely zip it up. For some reason I can zip up my Pegasus just fine!

rus1980

Familiar Face
If I ever get motivated I will take some pics of the D Pocket S that I bought from the classifieds section about 4 months ago? Was this yours? ;) I'm a bigger guy, and essentially have worked physical labour jobs for quite a while, so I have a weird physique, but the 42 was a solid fit. The shoulders are stock 19" which I think is perfect for a 42 jacket, and it is slim fitting for sure, but then again I like a slim fitting jackets.

I had an aero MC in 42 and the fit was all wrong, it was boxy and bulky and yet I could barely zip it up. For some reason I can zip up my Pegasus just fine!

No, the one I own is a size 44 and its for sale in the classified section right now.

hipcheck

New in Town
Can someone post some pics of the Pegasus double breasted "Doppelreihiger" Luftwaffe. I am interested in getting this jacket. I think Pegasus is the only high quality company making this style. I was not interested in the Noble House one.

Thank you.

hipcheck

New in Town
I ordered the Pegasus Doppelreihiger Luftwaffe. I wanted to get input on the jacket. How do you like the quality and break in? Did you order a wool or cotton liner? I am in NYC an think I will order a wool liner.

Any suggestions or info would be helpful.

Thanks!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari