Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
French nobleman, Henry de La Falaise, Marquis de La Coudraye, who's claim to fame was his high-profile marriages to two top leading Hollywood actresses.... one after the other! Gloria Swanson and Constance Bennett.

swanson-falaise-arrive-chicago_opt-1.jpg
0c2ns7sqwjf9jw97.jpg
Gloria seems very impressed! [angel]

Constance wanted him all for herself too, no if or buts lol
constancebennettweddingphoto.jpg

ConstanceBennettMarquisHenridelaFalaiseonboardthesteamerSSDeltfdykinFeb1932aroundthetimeofBedofRoses.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Ha!...do I like pencil moustaches or what lol

granted Tyrone Power didnt carry one most of the time but in some movies he did... one way or the other.... can't fault the man :whistling

themark22.jpg

RainsCame.jpg

tumblr_lf213uQSgd1qazanuo1_500.jpg

Connery

One Too Many
^^^
Nice look Mr. Slick:)

Fred MacMurray

TrueConfession1937_2.jpg

carole-lombard-fred-macmurray-claude-binyon-wesley-ruggles-una-merkel-eat-between-scenes-of-true-confession.jpg

Working on "True Confessions" Carole Lombard, Fred MacMurray, writer Claude Binyon, director Wesley Ruggles and Una Merkel.:essen:lol

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I am curious on everyone's stance on this. If you have a pencil moustache, does it have to go past the edge of your lips? I am wanting to devote real time, REAL time and effort to one, but as I am in the military the stache must not go past the edge of my bottom lip... some of these photos indicate that it seems plausible but its hard to see.

Any help would be much appreciated.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
^^^

Mr Vim I am sorry I can not help you more but this is all I found from Wipedia... "Pencil moustache – narrow, straight and thin as if drawn on by a pencil, closely clipped, outlining the upper lip, with a wide shaven gap between the nose and moustache..."

Hopefully some other gentlemen here can add more information :)

Connery

One Too Many
I am curious on everyone's stance on this. If you have a pencil moustache, does it have to go past the edge of your lips? I am wanting to devote real time, REAL time and effort to one, but as I am in the military the stache must not go past the edge of my bottom lip... some of these photos indicate that it seems plausible but its hard to see.

Any help would be much appreciated.

capitol_ribbontie.jpg

Custer

I hope this helps. An illustrative and comparative chart.:)

moustache.jpg

Dubya

One of the Regulars
Had to post this pic of the all time best "Cad", Terry Thomas.

Almost a pencil 'tache, but we can surely forgive him that! :D

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
My new avatar sporting the return of the 'tache. This is since November 1.

<<<<<

I used to have a bushy walrus type. This feels odd but looks like it could use even more trimming. What do you think?

Last edited:

brspiritus

One of the Regulars
I've enjoyed this thread but I don't think I've seen pics of any loungers with said facial hair (correct me if I'm wrong). I've been sporting the look for over a year now and have met with many positive compliments.

DSC_0112.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo