Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

people-watching

davestlouis

Practically Family
I spent Saturday evening at the Homecoming Festival at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church in St. Louis, MO...amazing people-watching! I saw a little bit of everything, old folks in their "Sunday best", drunks of every description, lots of t-shirts with phrases printed on them. The best was a teenaged girl wearing a black t-shirt that said "Better to lose a lover than to love a loser".

Anyway, where do other forum denizens go for their best people-watching?

HepKitty

One Too Many
haha that shirt is funny. not funny in a way but still funny lol

I took my kids to the E ID state fair yesterday and it reminded me of why I like to shelter myself from the general population here. saw a lot of farmers and cowboys, lots of strollers and parents w/ several kids dressed in their most "fashionable" street clothes, lots of females of all types in tight jeans halter tops and heeled sandals walking through the livestock barns, young, old, everywhere in between... nothing spectacular really, other than the heeled sandals in the barns. ew ick!

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I enjoy people watching from a restaurant, or a bar with good windows.

The best time of year for me to people watch in Juneau is winter. There is a nice wine bar off Main street and when it starts snowing heavily, I watch out the window at people hurrying by. People love to rush in the snow here, I think they are so used to it they do not take the time to appreciate the beauty. I like to wonder what they are rushing to that requires such haste as to not stop and take in the moment.

Pretty witty for my 500th post.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
I enjoy people watching from a restaurant, or a bar with good windows.

The best time of year for me to people watch in Juneau is winter. There is a nice wine bar off Main street and when it starts snowing heavily, I watch out the window at people hurrying by. People love to rush in the snow here, I think they are so used to it they do not take the time to appreciate the beauty. I like to wonder what they are rushing to that requires such haste as to not stop and take in the moment.

Pretty witty for my 500th post.

man I so need to visit

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I watch people from the box-office window -- you'll see some pretty impressive sights go by in the summer. There was an antique-auto convention in town over the weekend, and Friday night we had a parade of about twenty Model T's, from 1913-1927 rolling up Main Street. For some reason a '48 Plymouth was bringing up the rear of the parade, and I bet he felt terribly modern about it all.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
My friend and I meet once a week for java at a coffee house. We catch up on the week past and people watch....always plenty of fashion faux pas and a few laughs...except for the day her ex came in...that was uncomfortable :(

Mr Vim

One Too Many
That is always uncomfortable, especially if it is the place you work at. There is no way around it, the ship will hit the berg.

Jacqui

New in Town
Campus bus stops can be educational.

I like waiting for the bus on the state university campus in my town.
There are so many foreign students, it feels like the United Nations (except that they almost all wear jeans and flip-flops).
I also get a chance to eaves-drop on snippets of conversation. One co-ed was boasting to her companion, "I'm a very good cook. I can make . . . toast . . . "
She was walking by, and I craned my neck to hear what would come next . . . I didn't hear a thing. ;)

Makes you wonder . . .
:cool: Jacqui
Mephisto

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I like to watch people at the university here in town as well as the mall and the airport. Generally you can always view interesting looking people doing curious things regardless of where you are.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Jacqui said:
I like waiting for the bus on the sate university campus in my town.
There are so many foreign students, it feels like the United Nations (except that they almost all wear jeans and flip-flops).
I also get a chance to eaves-drop on snippets of conversation. One co-ed was boasting to her companion, "I'm a very good cook. I can make . . . toast . . . "
She was walking by, and I craned my neck to hear what would come next . . . I didn't hear a thing. ;)

Makes you wonder . . .
:cool: Jacqui

lol lol lol lol TOAST

miss_elise

Practically Family
i like to people watch at the spring racing carnival... you see everything from "fah-bulous designer ensembles" to girls in short dresses that leave little to the imaginationg, impeccably turned out doyennes of the racing scene, gentlemen in suits and dapper hats... everything

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My favorite people watching location has always been Disneyland. There you not only see a wide cross section of America but other nations as well. Foreigners are always easy to spot. They are usually better dressed & their children are better behaved, for the most part.

Cheers!

Dan

Foofoogal

Banned
Major people watcher. When we go to the beach honey wants in the most secluded spot. I want where the main activity is, always.

I used to and still do sometimes shows and love to watch as much as sell. How people approach the items and me is funny.

I love people. :)

When I went to Edmonton Canada I went to one of the worlds largest mall and stayed all day by myself. I loved seeing people from everywhere and every nationality it seemed. Especially all the little children.

MissHawthorne

New in Town
I work in aviation, so when I have long breaks between flights I'll go tuck myself in a corner of the airport and let my uniform be camouflage. People let their guard down in airports, so much hugging and kissing and crying, contrasted with loud business people making deals on the phone.

Airports are massively interesting places.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
The mister and I frequently attend Science Fiction conventions. They are, hands down, the best place to people watch. People in all kinds of costumes all having a great time, the occasional A-D list movie and tv stars and the hordes of 501st stormtroopers.
240932333_4ba6ac5e5d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy