Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of my Aero FQHH Hwym with a 'special' made by mistake

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Hello

Nothing special about my 3 months old standard Aero’s FQHH Hwym in black with brass hardware (also there are a lot of pictures about Aero Leather Jackets in this forum). Why I’m adding still some pics? Because a ‚special‘ feature, made by mistake, jacket has. Originally jacket was sold without an inside pocket. So I ordered a prepared inside pocket from Aero directly to add it tailor made. Against my order, tailor added inside pocket by a mistake on wrong side (right side - for a right-hander) and too low! First I was very frustrated about these flaws.

Now I’m very happy with! :D

Why? Usually for a right-hander, inside pocket is on left side. But for my use, I need inside pocket only to tuck my cell phone. Therefore inside pocket on right side is just perfect. Because I can grab phone with my left hand. As a right-hander, I’m holding my cell phone in use at my left hand/ear to do some manipulations with my right hand. Also the lower position (about 1-1/2“ lower than standard) allowed a much more easy grabbing. I have handled dozens of Aeros and always felt using a standard inside pocket (I’m not talking about a G-1 style) is very tricky (too high and too deep) to grab a phone timely while it ring.

Btw: If you have in mind to resole some RW's (or other boots) check out my post here: (got my RW's 875 resoled with a VIBRAM 1276 Sierra Unit Rubber Full Sole - nice cobbler craftsmanship!)

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?59444-Thorogood-Moctoes-modified-resoled...pics

PICT0001-1.jpg

Front

PICT0003-1.jpg

Back

PICT0004-1.jpg

Inside

PICT0005.jpg

Inside Pocket, for a right-hander on wrong 'right' side and 1-1/2" lower than standard - but perfect for tuck and grab a cell-phone!

Last edited:
Hey...
I rather like that 'mistake' as well..and can see how convenient it would be! Something that might not be thought of normally...but really could be very handy. Your tailor may have started a new trend for an inside pocket option for Aero...especially for small lighterweight objects such as a cellphone! Perfect.
HD

You're' the second guy posting today that decided he liked his jacket he thought was flawed! lol
Maybe we all need to take a step back and enjoy what we got? Good day, or lots of drinking going on? :)

tonypaj

Practically Family
Whereabouts in CH are you? I've been in the Geneva region for the last 13 years, and still find it hard to find anyone who would work with leather, or especially heavy FQHH stuff. I'm thinking of talking with the horse riding gear shops, I've given up on the tailors. It's the same with watches, can't find anyone to repair one, yet I'm living next to the watch capital of the planet...

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Whereabouts in CH are you? I've been in the Geneva region for the last 13 years, and still find it hard to find anyone who would work with leather, or especially heavy FQHH stuff. I'm thinking of talking with the horse riding gear shops, I've given up on the tailors. It's the same with watches, can't find anyone to repair one, yet I'm living next to the watch capital of the planet...

Hi, I'm living in german part wider area of zurich. Indeed it's very hard to find a craftsman who works profound in any material these days (disposable society)... :eusa_doh:

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Hi, I'm living in german part wider area of zurich. Indeed it's very hard to find a craftsman who works profound in any material these days (disposable society)... :eusa_doh:

At least you could find somebody who was able to make this job, I also want a inner pocket for my HB, but I can't any good taylor so I'm thinking to ship it back to Aero.

normanf

One of the Regulars
At least you could find somebody who was able to make this job, I also want a inner pocket for my HB, but I can't any good taylor so I'm thinking to ship it back to Aero.

If you ship it back to Aero, they can accommodate you on any alterations you may have in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara