Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of my new modded Aero NYPD, plus an amazing miracle to share...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hello there Gents,

Before I share the Aero NYPD pics, I wanted to share my recent miracle with you all, and I definitely must thank you all for the nice wishes and prayers you sent my way.

It all started with me on a routine visit to my pacemaker doctor to have my pacemaker wirelessly diagnosed to ensure it's operating within normal parameters.

Doctor tells me that my heart is suffering from atrial fibrillation which is an arhythmia of the heart and that they will need to have me hospitalized and put to sleep so they can "shock" my heart back into normal beating rhythm.

So I was pretty worried about the procedure this time around, even though I've been thru much worse with surviving 5 open heart surgeries, however those times I was a single guy versus me being married now and having 2 little girls... I have a LOT more at stake now if something bad were to happen to me.

Anyhow, I had the shock procedure to my heart exactly one week ago, and I'm happy to say I'm still alive and the procedure was a success (only one shock to my heart was needed to bring it back into rhythm) and my heart is now beating strong at 50 beats per minute.

HOWEVER... before my heart was shocked, the doctors discovered that one of my 2 pacemaker wires that go from the pacemaker unit which is implanted under the skin below my left collarbone, thru a vein and to my heart where the 2 wires are anchored to the heart muscle... one of those wires is now fractured and can't supply electricity to my heart to allow it to beat properly. To remove a pacemaker wire is extremely risky, given that it has been inside my vein for close to 10 years so removing the wire could rupture the vein and cause severe internal bleeding.

So at this point I went to see a pacemaker surgeon last friday who had successfully implanted a defribillator in my father 6 years ago. He ran his tests on my pacemaker and had me run several laps down the hallway back and forth so he could test the pacemaker under physical stress, and sure enough he discovered that my heart has miraculously healed itself and no longer needs the pacemaker to beat on its own.

My doctors are quite shocked... my pacemaker was implanted after my last open heart surgery because of swelling that developed at the heart nodes where the electrical impulses travel to allow the heart muscle to contract and beat. Normally if someone were to regain their own heart rhythm then this would happen within a span of days/months, maybe even a year, but in my case it took 9 years for my heart to heal itself (funny considering 9 happens to be my favorite number).

So thru a lot of love, prayer, and best wishes from my family and friends, my heart has healed itself and no longer needs the pacemaker, so I no longer need to have the risky surgery to remove/replace the pacemaker wire inside me. The wires will be left inside me, assuming the pacemaker eventually gets removed from inside me... for now they will turn off the pacemaker once they run a few more tests on me. Miracles CAN happen, and for that I'm extremely thankful and grateful to be alive today so I can post for you all today on our amazing site.

Now, onto pics of the Aero NYPD jacket with the new Netherlands police buttons on the faux chest pockets...

AeroNYPD112310-1.jpg

AeroNYPD112310-2.jpg

AeroNYPD112310-3.jpg

AeroNYPD112310-4.jpg

AeroNYPD112310-5.jpg

AeroNYPD112310-6.jpg

AeroNYPD112310-8.jpg

I honestly believe God kept me alive to serve my wife and 2 little babies...
AeroNYPD112310-9.jpg

One of the Regulars
What an amazing story!
I'm so happy for you and your Family!
Like you said miracles happen and you really deserve it!
The jacket looks great too.

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Navin;

That my friend is Divine intervention! I'm very relieved to hear about this miraculous turn of events........and the prognosois sounds very positive. Glad to hear it.
I like the buttons and love your NYPD jacket. Can't believe the turn around time to and from Aero was so quick.
Now get rid of the nylon/vinyl jacket on the baby and put her into some leather like her sister! Thank you for the wonderful news!

Best regards, coffee

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Navin,
Great to hear that you recovered well. What an amazing story about your heart and the pacemaker issue.
The jacket looks great! I love the picture with your girls!
Thanks,
Andy

Navin323i

Practically Family
What an amazing story!
I'm so happy for you and your Family!
Like you said miracles happen and you really deserve it!
The jacket looks great too.

Thanks bro! I still can't believe my heart won't need a pacemaker anymore... I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. :)

:eusa_clap:cool:;)

Thanks HD! :)

Hello Navin;

That my friend is Divine intervention! I'm very relieved to hear about this miraculous turn of events........and the prognosois sounds very positive. Glad to hear it.
I like the buttons and love your NYPD jacket. Can't believe the turn around time to and from Aero was so quick.
Now get rid of the nylon/vinyl jacket on the baby and put her into some leather like her sister! Thank you for the wonderful news!

Best regards, coffee

Thanks Coffee! Divine intervention indeed! It's amazing how special miracles are and how science and technology (though I'm a firm believer in both) can't explain everything that happens in life.

Lovely jacket, lovely story and it couldn't have happened to a more lovely guy....:)

Thank you so much, Ukali! Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season, bro. :)

Hi Navin,
Great to hear that you recovered well. What an amazing story about your heart and the pacemaker issue.
The jacket looks great! I love the picture with your girls!
Thanks,
Andy

Thank you so much for everything, Andy! You've been an amazing friend and brother to me. :)

Great story for this week. Lovely pix too, the jacket and kids are beautiful!
Here's hoping things continue in a positive direction. I needed this today :) thanks for sharing.

Scott

Traut

Familiar Face
My best reason for Thanksgiving this year. Thank you I got veer klempft reading this great news. What great news. The jacket is OK too.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Navin!! :)
I like your jacket, but most of all I like to hear about your heart healing! Your lovely family is the best proof of the great heart you have, Navin, so I'm sure it can even do miracles... as others said, you well deserved them!
Hey, and don't forget to come visit me!! :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I dont know what to say. Im at a loss for words.......
I didnt even know it was possible.

My initial feeling is that it sounds really unsafe to remove it? I mean.....jeezus what if something happens
wich they didnt include in the tests.....like you watching a horror movie and jumping in the seat
or someone stands behind a corner and spooke you when you come around?

I dont want to be negaive, this is just how I feel and my initial thoughts.
Testing is good, but they cant simulate everything.

Cant they leve it in just in case?

Navin323i

Practically Family
Great story for this week. Lovely pix too, the jacket and kids are beautiful!
Here's hoping things continue in a positive direction. I needed this today :) thanks for sharing.

Scott

Thank you so much, Scott. I'm glad my story here could help you out today... that really makes me happy. :)

My best reason for Thanksgiving this year. Thank you I got veer klempft reading this great news. What great news. The jacket is OK too.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Traut! It's definitely nice to have my Aero NYPD jacket back... everytime I wear the jacket, since it's dedicated to my grandfather who was a police chief in India, I feel my grandfather's presence... it's as if he's protecting me. :)

Navin!! :)
I like your jacket, but most of all I like to hear about your heart healing! Your lovely family is the best proof of the great heart you have, Navin, so I'm sure it can even do miracles... as others said, you well deserved them!
Hey, and don't forget to come visit me!! :)

Grazzi, my friend! You will be the very first person I come visit, the next time I'm in your beautiful country. :)

All the very best to you and your family for a wonderful and safe holiday season! :)

Ciao,
Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
I dont know what to say. Im at a loss for words.......
I didnt even know it was possible.

My initial feeling is that it sounds really unsafe to remove it? I mean.....jeezus what if something happens
wich they didnt include in the tests.....like you watching a horror movie and jumping in the seat
or someone stands behind a corner and spooke you when you come around?

I dont want to be negaive, this is just how I feel and my initial thoughts.
Testing is good, but they cant simulate everything.

Cant they leve it in just in case?

Thanks Griff! They can certainly leave it in place, but no matter what, the battery eventually dies out so they would simply have to reopen my incision, unhook the pacer wires and remove the pacemaker, take new pacemaker and hook it to the wires inside me and implant the pacemaker in the natural "pocket" under my skin below the left clavicle (collar bone) where my current pacemaker is now.

If they were to remove it and later a problem happens, they could always implant the pacemaker at that time and hook it up to the wires which will be left inside me. :)

Great news my friend!
(And the jacket is nice too...)

Thanks Spitfire! :)

Great to hear you are well Navin, and like the new buttons.
Live long and prosper.

Thanks Dav! Amanda said my new Aero jacket should be ready in a few weeks. :)

Wow, Navin, that is fantastic news. Im so happy for you. Enjoy every minute of your life. Youve been given a gift.

Amen to that, brother. Thank you so much! :)

Great story Navin.. this will be an especially blessed Holiday Season for you and the family...

Thanks bro! I definitely agree with you... I have a LOT to be thankful for this holiday season and every other holiday season after that. :D

Congratulations Navin, really pleased things worked out well for you. Enjoy you jacket in the very best of health.

Thank you so much, Cooperson! :)

Traut

Familiar Face
Nav

Your mailbox is full. The OK comment was an attempt at humor, keeping it light. The jacket is spectacular. I wish my CHIPs was half the coat.

Have a thankful Thanksgiving.

All my best

HT

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Aha, ok I get it. It sounds like a plan :)

This is so amazing, lately I have only gotten bad news from all around me of people I know getting sick or sicker
so this is a really nice change. I have been sick in my arms and legs for so long now I cant even remember how it felt
being healthy. But its getting better, even if it takes 2 months to only feel a slight difference it doesnt matter,
what matters is that it goes in the right direction. Hope and family and ones spirit all have to be positive to heal
I think, and in that aspect, your the number one contender for selfhealing :D Its so great.

Beautiful picture of your daughters. And the jacket is getting more and more character everytime I see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo