Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of black Aero Highwayman?

user290389023

New in Town
In the future i'm getting an aero, and the one that i feel is the best choice is a highwayman. I typically prefer black jackets, as i wear black boots and dont really like too much wear show, more common in brown shades. Does anyone have any pictures of a black highwayman? Preferably in the heavy steerhide. But anything works.

Standard or Premier?

Steerhide is a great choice!

Here is my Premier in CXL horsehide.
49CD6E9D-D6FA-45F6-BF28-50A4498C40D9.jpeg
This is a recent thread:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/highwayman-zip-sleeve-highwayman-database.99955/

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Whats the difference? I only know about the Heavy CX Steerhide. Its 1.7 mm according to a worker from Aeros.
It's not 1.7mm. It's about 1.4mm. A CLX steerhide jacket from Aero will come in at roughly the same weight as a Vanson of the same size, which is 6ish lbs in a size 40.

As for pictures, there's a search function on the top right of your screen and then there's google. There's thousands of pictures of Aeros black leather as well as of the HWM.

edit: The CLX goes from black to brown over time. How fast depends on batch. If you don't like that, get black vicenca, that one is black dyed through.

Wow, That Highwayman is gorgeous! I can’t imagine my CXL horsehide ever looking like that. Your hide is something special. I don’t think it’s Horween.

user290389023

New in Town
It's not 1.7mm. It's about 1.4mm. A CLX steerhide jacket from Aero will come in at roughly the same weight as a Vanson of the same size, which is 6ish lbs in a size 40.

As for pictures, there's a search function on the top right of your screen and then there's google. There's thousands of pictures of Aeros black leather as well as of the HWM.

edit: The CLX goes from black to brown over time. How fast depends on batch. If you don't like that, get black vicenca, that one is black dyed through.
Oh thats a bummer! I dont think the vicenza is quite as thick as i would like it :/. The lady at aero must have said wrong then. She said the Heavy steer was about 1.7 and the FQHH was about 1.5. Does Aero offer to make a jacket in a heavier vicenza (in case you know)?

Edit: Vicenza is mid-weight horse hide right? If so thats not what im looking for. How brown exactly will CX get?

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful Nick! I would go for steerhide or grainy Vicenza over CXL FQHH if ordering a new jacket.

Agree 1000%. And Vicenza mostly retains its color. Rare these days to find a non-tea core vegetable tanned leather (while still exemplifying slight color nuances). Maybe pigment Shinki...Both are excellent choices!

And for black...is it the most vibrant of choices when brown and cordovan are out there? Probably not. But it's a highly wearable, somewhat more conservative color. Understated elegance. Just wish mine had a tartan lining. Super essential lol. Right now, I'm glued to dark seal personally...

Last edited:

Psant25

One Too Many
My zip sleeve i asked for “extra grainy” hh. It is tumbled black cxl hh at least that is what I ordered. It sure looks better than when new. Was quite “wrinkly” appearing at first that has sort of gone away and left just grain for days. My proprietary break in process and a brief warm water soak helped a lot with that.

My zip sleeve i asked for “extra grainy” hh. It is tumbled black cxl hh at least that is what I ordered. It sure looks better than when new. Was quite “wrinkly” appearing at first that has sort of gone away and left just grain for days. My proprietary break in process and a brief warm water soak helped a lot with that.
The Tumbled FQHH is the Way to go for HH then!

breezer

Practically Family

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Oh thats a bummer! I dont think the vicenza is quite as thick as i would like it :/. The lady at aero must have said wrong then. She said the Heavy steer was about 1.7 and the FQHH was about 1.5. Does Aero offer to make a jacket in a heavier vicenza (in case you know)?

Edit: Vicenza is mid-weight horse hide right? If so thats not what im looking for. How brown exactly will CX get?

FQHH is a a firm and often quite dense 1.2mm or 3oz. Vicneza is marketed as a mid-weight and around 2.5oz. As always batches vary slightly according to whatever qualities they may have at the time, slightly heavier, denser, softer or lighter, etc. I do nor recall Aero ever having 1.7mm in stock.

user290389023

New in Town
FQHH is a a firm and often quite dense 1.2mm or 3oz. Vicneza is marketed as a mid-weight and around 2.5oz. As always batches vary slightly according to whatever qualities they may have at the time, slightly heavier, denser, softer or lighter, etc. I do nor recall Aero ever having 1.7mm in stock.
Well, if i buy one ill definetely ask for their heaviest batch! But ill probably have to contemplate whether i want FQHH or steer, its a hard decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko