Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pinup Tie

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Ladies,

If this isn't allowed here, it's completly fine. I'm looking to suprise my boyfriend this year for christmas with a hand painted pinup peek-a-boo tie, (the ones that look like normal ties from the outside and have the pinup painted on the inside of the tie),and the pinup picture would be none other then yours truely! Now, I'm curious if any of you ladies know someone, or if any of you could do a pinup painting, from a picture on fabric. If it's easier, it could be painted on fabric and then I could sew it in.

Thanks in advance!

Edward

Bartender
Madison Paige said:
Ladies,

If this isn't allowed here, it's completly fine. I'm looking to suprise my boyfriend this year for christmas with a hand painted pinup peek-a-boo tie, (the ones that look like normal ties from the outside and have the pinup painted on the inside of the tie),and the pinup picture would be none other then yours truely! Now, I'm curious if any of you ladies know someone, or if any of you could do a pinup painting, from a picture on fabric. If it's easier, it could be painted on fabric and then I could sew it in.

Thanks in advance!

I ain't no lady (well, unless you catch me on the right wekeend :p ), but i think that's a superb idea. :)

A.R. McVintage

If worse comes to worse, you can always have someone take a pin-up photo of you in your favorite outfit, then photoshop it to give it a more painterly effect, then print on an iron-on transfer for the tie.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Madison Paige said:

There have been good ideas here for getting the image on fabric. As I see it, your main issue is going to be getting a tie that opens up in the back like that.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Hmm...funny, that's actually my boyfriend that started that other Pinup Tie thread!

Maybe I will go the iron on road, as that's an excellent idea, and I think most of the peekaboo ties are actually printed on, rather then painted. If I decide to do this, does anyone know of a good iron on patch? One that will actually stay on the fabric? I've used iron ons before, and they usually end up cracking or fading within a month or so.

Thanks for all your help!

A.R. McVintage

Madison Paige said:
Hmm...funny, that's actually my boyfriend that started that other Pinup Tie thread!

Maybe I will go the iron on road, as that's an excellent idea, and I think most of the peekaboo ties are actually printed on, rather then painted. If I decide to do this, does anyone know of a good iron on patch? One that will actually stay on the fabric? I've used iron ons before, and they usually end up cracking or fading within a month or so.

Thanks for all your help!

That's where you've got me, kiddo. I've seen two versions of the pin-up tie, ones that open in the back to reveal the girl, and ones where the girl is smaller and compressed into that diamond of fabric that lies at the base of the back of the tie, thus no opening. Being a tie, if you went that route, I don't think it would get the same movement wear as a regular t-shirt, so the cracking would be a lot less I should think. If you go the larger peek-a-boo way, it's obviously going to put more stress on the transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart