Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pit to Pit measurements

zebedee

One Too Many
Where are these from, and to where? Is it this seam to the corresponding one?

Photo on 12-1-2019 at 2.23 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo on 12-1-2019 at 2.22 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 12-1-2019 at 2.22 PM #2.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 391

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Nope, ignore the seams, zip the jacket up, put it flat on its back, pull it as wide as you can without stretching and measure from one edge to the other, just below the armpit seam. Make sure you use a fabric tape.

Imagine you are pressing a cardboard cylinder flat and measuring the result edge to edge.
Side panel seams have no relevance in this measurement.

zebedee

One Too Many
Like this? This would be 21-21.5 inches if I haven't got it wrong... I'll do it again, but am I getting the placing correct?

Photo on 12-1-2019 at 2.34 PM.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Yep, make sure you include the side panels, just make sure it is as flat and as wide as it can go.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Cool- thanks. I think I've under-measured by an inch in the classifieds on the pit to pits.

No worries, i love me some correct measurements, nothing more frustrating than receiving a jacket that doesn't match given measurements.
It's also useful to give bottom hem measurement, measure the same way, ignore the side seams, pull the jacket as wide as it goes and measure from side to side. If there are side buckles etc make sure you measure from the inside to inside as they can add a lot of width.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner