1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Pit to Pit measurements

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by zebedee, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:28 PM.

1. zebedee

zebedee Practically Family

Where are these from, and to where? Is it this seam to the corresponding one?

Photo on 12-1-2019 at 2.23 PM.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

Nope, ignore the seams, zip the jacket up, put it flat on its back, pull it as wide as you can without stretching and measure from one edge to the other, just below the armpit seam. Make sure you use a fabric tape.

Imagine you are pressing a cardboard cylinder flat and measuring the result edge to edge.
    Side panel seams have no relevance in this measurement.

Dr H likes this.
  3. zebedee

Like this? This would be 21-21.5 inches if I haven't got it wrong... I'll do it again, but am I getting the placing correct?

Photo on 12-1-2019 at 2.34 PM.jpg

Carlos840 likes this.
  4. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

Yep, make sure you include the side panels, just make sure it is as flat and as wide as it can go.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 2:49 PM
  5. zebedee

Cool- thanks. I think I've under-measured by an inch in the classifieds on the pit to pits.

6. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

No worries, i love me some correct measurements, nothing more frustrating than receiving a jacket that doesn't match given measurements.
    It's also useful to give bottom hem measurement, measure the same way, ignore the side seams, pull the jacket as wide as it goes and measure from side to side. If there are side buckles etc make sure you measure from the inside to inside as they can add a lot of width.

Edward likes this.
  7. zebedee

Yeah, the LHB is something like 21.5 and the SB is 22.5. Cheers.