Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playboys on Parade!

Hey Moon! Thanks... I had just gotten it in right before the Shore Club was finally delivered and sent you a pic or two in that conversation.

I do love it... but dang, black hats are hard to wear.
Mayser acquired the Stetson license for Germany in 1954. Your hat is probably early 1960s.

Where did you find it?

Also Black hats are easy to wear. :)

Telemaster

One of the Regulars
Mayser acquired the Stetson license for Germany in 1954. Your hat is probably early 1960s.

Where did you find it?

Also Black hats are easy to wear. :)

Thanks for the info. I found it on on EBay over here, not in the auctions but in the classifieds. I can’t remember if they have that in the states, but it’s essentially like Craig’s List.

I like a black hat from the neck up (I have the gray hair required for maximum contrast!)... but it never seems to go with what I am wearing.
I think I might just be too casual...?

Thanks for the info. I found it on on EBay over here, not in the auctions but in the classifieds. I can’t remember if they have that in the states, but it’s essentially like Craig’s List.

I like a black hat from the neck up (I have the gray hair required for maximum contrast!)... but it never seems to go with what I am wearing.

Black goes with everything!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

psklenar

One of the Regulars
Nice hat, I see you work in a cubicle as well. Such is ur life

Yeah, it's the worst kind of cube ... low walls, high ceilings and ineffective white noise generators. Oh, the building is an atrium style with a roughly 200' by 75' open atrium from the ground floor all the way up to the 5th floor with each floor wide open to it (i.e.; no walls or windows separating each floor from the large open atrium well). :(

Managers and above often get some of the few actual offices with glass doors, but lots of the rest of us tend to be wearing headphones and listening to portable media players when we need to ignore the drone.

pat----

Think more along the lines of a farmer. Cube farms seem to be sprouting up everywhere in recent yrs.

Well, at lest they let us have "walls" these days.

1940s office.jpg

(Drool). I'll have to make do with a Shiner from the fridge today.

What is that? Doesn't look like oatmeal stout.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
No, not a Stout. I think it was the first night of the Bourbon aged Pale Ales. Or maybe the Bourbon aged Irish Red back in March. The pic just happened to come out perfect with the water droplets & silver reflection of the glass. Just dumb luck on the part of the photographer.

Just got home from a few hrs of enjoying some Bourbon aged Pale Ale & have more pics to post shortly, but no guarantees they will be as pretty as this one!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
This thread needs a bump!
bdd42a9ca4c742c11d401d78643c5f5a.jpg
0adae9f6bda0d4f34e2f307b0c963e15.jpg

I just picked up a Playboy very similar to yours and need help dating it.

Similarities are the cream size tag, liner and same stamping on the sweatband.

Disimilarities are: mine is also a long oval (7 1/2) and has 'Stetson 1/2 long oval' printed on the size tag, but it does not have 'long oval' stamped on the sweatband. Also, mine has a small amount of texture to the leather sweatband and it's a touch darker than yours.

The size tag should be enough to date it; however, the cream 'no border' tag is not shown in our guide. I think it's early 1950's.

Thanks!
Hat-Playboy ribbon.jpg
Hat-Playboy dtl.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks! I know what you are talking about. It's an offshoot of Ebay.

It's a rare find. Go ahead and wear it. As noted black goes with everything.

I just picked up a Playboy very similar to yours and need help dating it.

Similarities are the cream size tag, liner and same stamping on the sweatband.

Disimilarities are: mine is also a long oval (7 1/2) and has 'Stetson 1/2 long oval' printed on the size tag, but it does not have 'long oval' stamped on the sweatband. Also, mine has a small amount of texture to the leather sweatband and it's a touch darker than yours.

The size tag should be enough to date it; however, the cream 'no border' tag is not shown in our guide. I think it's early 1950's.

Thanks! View attachment 130915 View attachment 130916
Nice find...............in my size too!;)
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana