Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playboys on Parade!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
First time I've picked up a Playboy. Great hat in unworn condition with 2 stupid little brown spots on it. Hopefully K2R will get them out. With my bad afternoon lighting I'm not even sure of the color. Looks to be a grey with a mint undertone.

playboy_3.jpg

OUTSTANDING, Bill! I can see the Mint undertone on my screen. Thats a great looking Playboy!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
...the hat is on it way to a new home already.

B

And today, it arrived at its new home. Bill -- I am ecstatic! Why? I have always been struck by the color of a particular Stetson Playboy depicted in a 1950 ad -- a green/gray that is really unique. As soon as I took the hat out of the box today, I knew that this Playboy matched the color in that ad! The photos you posted tend to yellow things out just a bit, but, holding the hat here in my hands, it's a match. Very cool...

50PlayboyAd-1.jpg

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
And today, it arrived at its new home. Bill -- I am ecstatic! Why? I have always been struck by the color of a particular Stetson Playboy depicted in a 1950 ad -- a greenish gray that is really unique. As soon as I took the hat out of the box today, I knew that this Playboy matched the color in that ad! The photos you posted tend to yellow things out just a bit, but, holding the hat here in my hands, it's a match. Very cool...

I'm so glad its the color you wanted. The lighting in my house sucks! Can't wait to see a noggin shot.

B

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Just finished creasing the recently-arrived light green Playboy. The first photo includes a pewter gray Playboy in the foreground, which helps to provide a color reference...

CGPB-2.jpg

CGPB-3.jpg

CGPB-5.jpg

CGPB-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav