Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Where do Fedora Loungers live?

What country are Loungers from?

• Africa

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Asia

• Australia

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Europe (Western)

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Europe (Eastern)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

• South America

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • UK

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • USA

Votes: 97 66.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
continents_australia_oceania.gif

"I'm Rather starting to think Oceania"

swinggal

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Western Europe. I don't see why UK gets its own category. We're just a part of western Europe.

bk

Come on Baron, it's just a bit of fun. You can only have 10 options in a poll so I even had to miss Oceania.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Lost in the 50s, I always chuckle when I see references to "hoosiers"...with a capital "H" it refers to someone from Indiana, but around St Louis, with a lower case "h" it is very much a pejorative term...a hillbilly of sorts.

Claireg

One of the Regulars
ooooooo Binkie.....dont even go there!!
Even using Australia and Nz in the same sentence could lead to trouble!

Hi Smithy!
Where abouts in Nz are you from and what are you doing over there?????

BinkieBaumont said:
"A.N.Z.A.C.... Should we "Team Up" and count Australia and New Zealand, as one, it has been done before"

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Claireg said:
ooooooo Binkie.....dont even go there!!
Even using Australia and Nz in the same sentence could lead to trouble!

Hi Smithy!
Where abouts in Nz are you from and what are you doing over there?????

I'm from Auckland although all my immediate family live down in Christchurch now. I lived in Sydney about 11 years ago so Aussie is not strange to me, and I live in Melbourne now because I really love this city, its people and the atmosphere. There's also more work for me here in Melbourne.

I was just back in Christchurch last week for a couple of days to see the old boy. Was beautiful flying over the Southern Alps, spectacular!

swinggal

One Too Many
I love NZ too and have been 4 times over the years. For skiing and swing dance camps. I love the place and Kiwis :)

Smithy, melbourne is awesome. I think I've been there 11 times in 10 years and would call it my second home in Oz. have so many dancing buddies there and i know the place backwards. Has style and atmosphere and feels very European.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Ah, well I just voted where I'm from (NZ) and not where I live (UK) before I read the rest of the posts.

I'm a Wellingtonian who lives in Hampshire. Been in the UK for over eleven years now. Not quite sure how that happened!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Western Europe. I don't see why UK gets its own category. We're just a part of western Europe.

bk

I imagine the UK gets its own category because A) there are many more loungers there than on the mainland and B) the UK has traditionally been regarded by North Americans as different from mainland Europe given its similar language to North America, common law heritage, the fact it's the "mother country" and fact that it's never been successfully invaded by Germans since, well, the 8th century.

I like the take on the C of E vicar who opposed the "Chunnel" when asked about the fact that Britain was "part of Europe" - "Well, it may be on the same tectonic plate, but we're NOT European!". He meant in the cultural sense, obviously.

Relax, enjoy your special status!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24