Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pomade (and other cosmetics) Alert!

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Alon....Murray's Pomade only scored moderately better than American Crew (3, as opposed to 5)...Royal Crown and American Greaser don't rate yet...Dax (4), Duke (5) and got2b (4-9) are not represented as very healthy, either....good thing I'm a Dapper Dan man....;) :)
Rob

repeatclicks

Practically Family
An interesting website, but not going to rile up too many feathers as we have seen by half a centurys worth of data on the dangers of smoking.... I just ordered a little jar of American Crew the other day to try it out too! Im tired of the greasy pillows.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
A friend of mine swears up and down that Murray's makes hair fall out, especially on women but also over time on men. I steer clear of that stuff.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
A friend of mine swears up and down that Murray's makes hair fall out, especially on women but also over time on men. I steer clear of that stuff.

Ten years of using Murray's tells me that the chemical composition of Murray's doesn't make hair fallout, combing your hair when the wax is hardened will pull out hair, though. But that will happen with all heavyweight pomades.

Geesie

Practically Family
Everything under the sun contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer.
When they start publishing actual proven risk factors I'll start paying attention.

univibe88

One Too Many
Geesie said:
Everything under the sun contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer.
When they start publishing actual proven risk factors I'll start paying attention.

Fortunately they only cause cancer if you are IN California. As long as you don't go there, you are just fine.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
The worst sort of shrill, alarmist, nanny, weenie squealing.

I agree lol lol lol

Not a day goes by that one doesn't read articles saying that anything can kill you! ...and i mean anything, alcohol, teflon, coffee, the air that you breathe ...blah...blah....blah....blah.... and now hair pomade can kill you too :rage:

Can you imagine? - "So what killed him? oh! too much hair pomade!"[huh]

Silly beyond words!

Geesie

Practically Family
I really wish journalism schools would make their students take science classes so they could accurately report findings instead of having the sort of "scientists think x causes y!" nonsense we get.

Geesie

Practically Family
phd051809s.gif

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace said:
The worst sort of shrill, alarmist, nanny, weenie squealing.

Not really, this clearly speaks to liability issues and duty to warn. This way the company has what is called an affirmative defense where the user was warned and the user "assumed the risk" inherent in the product. :icon_smil

How much of the pomade do you have to eat to get that cancer?:D

I figured it had to be made with at least one of these:
Arsenic
strynine
asbestos
mercury
nicotine
DDT
plutonium or radium
berylium
ozone
UV rays
Cosmic rays
gamma rays

but there wasn't even a pinch of any of them in it.:eek:

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
HadleyH said:
I agree lol lol lol

Not a day goes by that one doesn't read articles saying that anything can kill you! ...and i mean anything, alcohol, teflon, coffee, the air that you breathe ...blah...blah....blah....blah.... and now hair pomade can kill you too :rage:

Can you imagine? - "So what killed him? oh! too much hair pomade!"[huh]

Silly beyond words!

On the one hand, I agree. But on the other hand, people die of cancer and other illnesses every day from thaings that at one time were thought of as harmless.

mrbork

New in Town
Carlisle Blues said:
Not really, this clearly speaks to liability issues and duty to warn. This way the company has what is called an affirmative defense where the user was warned and the user "assumed the risk" inherent in the product. :icon_smil

Well, Wildroot contains formaldehyde (oxydized methanol).:eek:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I typed in the mascara I use. The hazard level they gave for the fragrance: 8 out of 10. The data gap they listed: 100%. :icon_smil I need to download this and put it on the flowerbeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo